I'm trying to find help for my Toshiba DVD player? Where do…

Customer Question
I'm trying to find...

I'm trying to find help for my Toshiba DVD player? Where do I go?

Technician's Assistant: What Toshiba model do you have?

SD4200KU

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Toshiba media player?

Everything! I can't get the door to open to put the DVD in.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
3/6/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Fran, Computer Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
Fran
Fran, Computer Support Specialist

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know

Ok I'm looking over the your question now

Does the power come on?

Tech Support Specialist: Nathan, Systems Manager replied 4 months ago
Nathan, Systems Manager

Hello and sorry to hear you're having trouble with your dvd player.

Unfortunately this is most often a hardware failure (bad motor, worn gear, loose belt, etc in the ejection mechanism, faulty switch or sensor, or just an obstruction by a disc that is out of place)

There are a few things you can try:

First unplug power for at least an hour, then press and hold the power/on button while plugging back in, and keep holding for another 60 seconds. If it still doesn't open, repeat the process but with the eject button instead of power.

If it still does not open, pick the unit up and shake/tilt the player side to side gently, hopefully dislodging the stuck disc inside that could be preventing it from opening, then try to open again.

If none of these help, then there is an internal hardware defect, which will need to be repaired.

If it gets to that point, I can advise you on service options.

Let me know the results, and I'll advise further, if needed.

I’m done & will look elsewhere for help.

I provided an answer above as an initial step. You have paid the full fees to the site already, if you need more help, please communicate back with me here so we can continue the conversation.

No tx.

Thank you

Tech Support Specialist: JJesus Perez Gonzale,
 replied 4 months ago
JJesus Perez Gonzale

Hi, I am more than happy to continue to assist you. Please let me know where you have left off and I will gladly continue to assist you.

Don’t want it. Please stop hounding me.
 replied 4 months ago

I understand. Have a nice day.

DON’T WANT IT