The battery is dead. Best Buy told me there was a recall on…

Customer Question
The battery is dead...

The battery is dead. Best Buy told me there was a recall on the batteries associated with my computer and to contact HP.

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Model: M6-W010DX SKU:(###) ###-####Serial: 8CG5242T95

Technician's Assistant: What HP model do you have? And the Operating System (OS)?

Laptop HP Envy

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Envy?

Word?

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Envy? Have you installed any updates recently?

No It will not even start I took it to the Geek Squad and they checked it

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Computer
3/6/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Jamie Macko, Computer Engineer replied 5 months ago
Jamie Macko
Jamie Macko, Computer Engineer

Thank you for your question today. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist.
Since the laptop will not even start we will not be able to run the validation utility for the HP battery check. The best way to go about this would be to call HP directly. They should just need the serial number from you and they will be able to get you a new battery send out at no extra charge, since there is a recall on them.
Their number is:1(###) ###-####/p>

We are not affiliated with HP so I am not able to go into their system and submit a recall request like they will be able to.

If they are unable to help you for some reason, this is a link to the battery that your laptop uses if you choose to buy one on your own:
http://www.battdepot.com/us/model/notebook+battery/hp/envy+x360+m6-w101dx/lhp304.aspx

These are the steps to replace the battery if you decide to do it on your own as well:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04351268

If this helped you, please rate me five stars! Let me know if you need anything further.

Thanks,
Jamie

Thank you, Jamie. How do I get the $5.00 refund? I thought I was connected to HP directly and receiving HP help.