MS says my subscription is expired and I pay monthly for the…

Customer Question
MS says my subscription...

MS says my subscription is expired and I pay monthly for the service

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

Windows 10 Dell laptop

Technician's Assistant: What Dell model do you have?

I cant find the model

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Dell? Have you installed any updates recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Just that I have been paying monthly for office

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
3/6/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Shefin, Computer Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
Shefin, Computer Support Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

An increasing number of computer users are receiving similar phone calls and some — afraid of potential data loss and device damage — are surrendering their bank account information in the hope this will protect their tech.

If you get such a call, we’re here to tell you — hang up. It is a SCAM!!!

Call from Microsoft saying my Windows license key was expired is a scam phone message which is from those scam tech support actually. Scam tech support mainly uses this scaring phone call message to scare and defraud people out of money. Scam tech support call and tell phone this fake message “Windows license key was expired” illegally in the name of Microsoft. Check the link below.

https://guides.yoosecurity.com/got-a-call-from-microsoft-saying-my-windows-license-key-was-expired-how-to-fix-this/

Microsoft does not do that nor do they have partners who do that nor do they hire sub-contractors or people or even get volunteers to do that. Do not trust unsolicited calls. Do not provide any personal information.

Cybercriminals pretending to work for Microsoft, Geek Squad, or any other nationally-recognized tech company call their intended victims, claim they’ve scanned their computers remotely and found viruses on them. Relying on computer users’ fear of viruses, data loss and identity theft, they trick people into giving them actual access to the computer.

Once the scammer has access to the victim’s system, they will often show the user scary looking error messages on the machine, require immediate payment to cleanup the “dangerously infected” computer and install more “protection” software onto the system. Chances are they’ll take the opportunity to install other bits of malware to capture the victim’s online shopping or banking information.

Check the link below for more information.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/safety/online-privacy/avoid-phone-scams.aspx

If you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

Customer/p>
It is not a phone call. When I open Word it says it is expired

When did you purchase Microsoft office?

Is it came installed with the computer?

Thank you.

Customer/p>