It often just goes blank....I have to take out battery.

Customer Question
It often just goes...

It often just goes blank....I have to take out battery . After I replace (with same battery) it will work for while. Should I buy a battery.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

Dell inspiron 15

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Inspiron?

Not sure what you are referring to...I use microsoft 10

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Inspiron? Have you installed any updates recently?

No updates....just tried a dell update...would not connect...some sort of error message

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Computer is 2 years old

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
3/6/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Richard, Computer Specialist replied 4 months ago
Richard, Computer Specialist

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

When it goes blank, do any of the power lights still show?

no
answer my questions about the battery

I cannot yet, else I would just be guessing at this moment..

So please allow me some time to diagnose the issue.

When it goes blank, is the power cable connected at the time this happens?