Validate American soft tech Corp as representing Microsoft.

Validate American soft tech...

Validate American soft tech Corp as representing Microsoft

Technician's Assistant: What Microsoft model do you have? And the Operating System (OS)?

Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

I signed a contract with American soft techs Corp for maintenance of my computer. Just received a call telling me I have problems because of hacking and they will clean. Told me American soft tech was not with Microsoft but the were? I need some validation

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/5/2018
Fran
Fran, Computer Support Specialist

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know

I have not received an answer. I don’t understand why I am having soooooo much trouble!!!!!!!
I have already spent $47 without an answer
Are you folks going to help me?
This request is urgent, please help
Chris L., Support Specialist

This is absolutely a scam and they have nothing to do with microsoft, it is very well known and we see this type of tech support scam often. No legitimate company would ever contact you this way. Your computer does not report its status to anyone. Usually what will happen is once you are in contact with them they will lie to you about issues that your computer does not have such as it is being hacked or has viruses. They will then attempt to charge you many hundreds of dollars to fix the fake issues. Do not let them connect to your computer and if they call just hang up. Call your bank or credit card company right away to see if you can get your money back. If you have time you can place an official report to microsoft here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/reportascam/

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating for providing you a quick answer! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thanks for the help. Sure had trouble getting an answer

I am sorry about that, the website can be confusing if it is your first time. I will let the designers know. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Chris L., Support Specialist