Can't remember passcode and it won't let me reset it.

Can't remember passcode and...

Can't remember passcode and it won't let me reset it

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Toshiba laptop

Technician's Assistant: What's the model and Operating System (OS) of your Toshiba?

Windows 7 home prem oa

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Toshiba? Have you installed any updates recently?

No its been packed up for a year just got it out to get info off

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/4/2018
Dan, Computer Support Specialist

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, I look forward to assisting you today. Is this your Windows password ***** are referring to?

Okay thank you. Is there anyone else that uses or logs into that computer?

Since you are not able to log in to the computer you need assistance with, I will not be able to connect to it remotely.

Ok

Does anyone else log into that computer?

No

Okay. If you do not have a password ***** disk you will need to purchase one. Check this LINK.

Is there anyway i can get one now?

There are several you can download, but the purchase price is a bit more. I will send you another link shortly.

Try this LINK.

How can i downland when i can not get pass the password

You will need to download using a different computer. Once you download the software, you will need to either burn it to a CD or copy it to a flash drive. Your computer will need to boot from the CD or flash drive in order for you to reset the password.

If you look at that first link I sent, there are about three lines of instructions pasted right on the CD.

I already did that and it says its not this is not a password ***** disc

What did you try?

I burned it on cd and scandisc

What did you burn to the CD?

Can you tell me what software program you burned to the CD please.

ok i have to find it

Okay, let me know when you can.

Create a windows 7 password ***** disc from ouora website

Can you recheck the name of the website for me please?

isumsoft windows password ***** ultimate

Okay. I presume you successfully burned this to a CD following their instructions? The reason I ask, is this type of program need to be burned in a certain way so that your computer will boot from the disc.

i did

Well you may need to do it again then. This program is similar to the one I recommended. Did you purchase this or are you trying to use the trial addition?

Trial

The trial version will not let you reset your password. You will need to purchase it or purchase from one of the links I sent you.

Ok i will have to wait i spent my last money on remote assistance

Very well. Since you will need to wait, you may want to consider purchasing the CD from Amazon. That way all you need to do is put it into your computer and boot from it.

Is there anyway to do it with a disc

The first link I sent is a CD (disc)

I meant with out disc

No. You will either need a CD or USB flash drive for the computer to boot from so the password ***** be reset.

Thanks

My pleasure! Please remember to rate my service and have a nice day!

Dan, Computer Support Specialist