I BOUGHT A 11'X17" PRINTER 7610 SOMETIME IN 2017 FROM OFFICE…

I BOUGHT A 11'X17"...

I BOUGHT A 11'X17" PRINTER 7610 SOMETIME IN 2017 FROM OFFICE MAX HERE IN THE VIRGIN ISLANDS IN ORDER TO PRINT A 4-PAGE NEWSLETTER, BUT FAR I AM UNABLE TO IT. WHERE CAN I GET HELP OR DIRECTION IN HOW TO DO THIS? I TRIED "JUST ANSWER" BEFORE BUT THAT FAILED?

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your printer: wirelessly or by USB?

USB

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

ABOUT A MONTH AGO

3/5/2018
Russell H., Computer Systems Expert

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your printer or computer printing question.

I presume that, being connected by a USB cable, your printer is recognized and you can print small test prints to it - e.g. from a few sentences typed into a Notepad, then sent by File - Print, to the 7610 printer.

Then, you will need to know how to select 11 x 17 inch paper/form/size: this page tells how:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-Software-and-Drivers/No-11x17-quot-Paper-Selection-on-7610-Wide-Format-Printer/td-p/4727566

and basically, you select 'Tabloid', which is 11 x 17 inches.

Then send that newsletter to the printer - having, I should hope, loaded that size of paper into it!

(Print just one copy first, of the newsletter, I advise, to examine / proofread / see if it comes out right. If it looks A-OK on examination at first printing, try printing several copies, then more copies (up to the maximum number you really need to print, of course.)

Let me know, by Reply To Expert, if you need any further instructions, and I will help you further.

- If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated! Thank you.

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Russell H., Computer Systems Expert
I have not succeeded in printing a single sheet.
I want to print a 4-page Newsletter on a 11x17 sheet of paper which will then be folded in two - on one side of the paper will be pages 1 & 4 and the other side 2 and 3. Can you give specific information by email how to do this?
Edward Cave
By the way I tried this connection before with your technician which was unsuccessful.
Thanks anyway. Goodbye.
Edward Cave
Ugo A
Ugo A, Computer Software Engineer

Good evening sir,

My name is*****'ll do my best to help you through this situation with some trouble shooting steps.

1) Is there paper in your printer ? Sounds silly but if there is not paper, this won't work

2) I'm assuming your printer is turned on (ie blinking lights, words on its screen) ?

3) what type of printer do you have exactly. All I saw was a model number with no brand name.

4) If I have this information, I might be able to find an online manual for you and I to use to get this thing work.

Thanks .

Robert M., Consultant

it depends a lot on what program you are using

in word it would require that you had 4 letter size pages

then

On the ribbon (top of window), click the “Page Layout” tab, click the “Size” button and choose “More Paper Sizes…” from the bottom of the list

Choose “Tabloid” from the Paper size drop down list in the Page Setup dialog – do not click the OK button!

Click the “Margins” tab at the top of the Page Setup dialog box Set the Multiple pages drop list to “Book Fold” – now click the “OK” button

Click the “File” tab on the ribbon, then click the “Print” option, and finally the “Print” button

will the printer print a simple test page ?

the booklet may not be your real problem

can you call the usa ?

i can do the remote but i like to talk to people when i do it especially as the printer might require somebody to push buttons etc on the printer itself

please use this link

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=9381240f-b2a1-4b7b-8e6d-2f955f010469

it will allow you to download AND RUN a program called elsinore screen connect

once you do that please call me at the number in the secure section

or at least give me a time ( i am on us central time) that would be convenient for you so we can schedule the remote

I am not sure I want to continue with this for it did not work once before.
Please cancel this order. I will try the expert at Office Max here in St. Croix, Virgin Islands

i am not even sure what your problem is.

does the printer not print at all or can you not print the 11 x 17 bookfold

in any case i doubt very much that the office max can deal with 11 x 17 book folds

I am here if you want me to show you how to do it