I have an Acer 11 chromebook that I use for streaming. All…

I have an Acer...

I have an Acer 11 chromebook that I use for streaming. All of a sudden, I can no longer stream Hulu, even though I could before. I can stream other things. Just not Hulu. Any thoughts.

Technician's Assistant: What Acer model do you have? And the Operating System (OS)?

Where do I find that info. On that stick on the back.

Technician's Assistant: The Computer Technician will be able to walk you through that. How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

It just started. I haven't done anything yet. I thought maybe you could help.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

No. That's it.

3/4/2018
David L
David L, Systems Engineer

My name is David.

Issues with blocked streaming media (videos) are often due to memory errors in the network devices that provide your wireless and Internet access. To rule out the network as the culprit, power down the router/modem that provides your wireless and Internet access and unplug the power cord as well. Wait 3 minutes for the memory to drain. Then plug in the power cord on the router/modem and power up the device. Wait for the router/modem to completely start up. Reboot your computer and other devices that connect to the network after the router/modem has completed start up and test to see if the issue is resolved.
Please let me know the result.

I do not believe that is the problem as I can stream through my other chromebook as well as my desk top.

Ok then next click the link below and follow the instructions to update the Chromebook:

click here

Then restart and test Hulu again and let me know if that resolves the issue.

I turned it off and left it off for awhile. This morning I turned it on, logged into Hulu, and was able to locate something I wanted to watch without getting an error message. So I'm hoping that the problem is fixed. Maybe the power outage we had helped. I know it helped fix what was going on with my satellite dish. Maybe everything just needed a reset. Thank you for your help.

Very good and glad it is now working.

Also, please provide a positive rating (3, 4, or 5 star) as that is how I receive credit for my work.
Thanks,
David.

David L
David L, Systems Engineer