I can not sign into my Goggle account because I forgot my…

I can not sign...

I can not sign into my Goggle account because I forgot my password. Also, my new cell number is(###) ###-####NOT(###) ###-####!! It will not let me in every time I try to use an old password.

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

My new laptop. HP Envy/

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?

HP Envy x360 I do not know what the OS is? Where can I find it?

Technician's Assistant: The Laptop Technician will be able to walk you through that. What have you tried so far with your Envy? Have you installed any updates recently?

No

3/3/2018
Fran
Fran, Computer Support Specialist

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know

Do you have any other recovery set up? other then the phone number?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have an outlook account

OK, did you set that up in google as a recovery alternate way to recover password

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Not sure
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
This is really frustrating that just because I can't remember my old password ***** can't get into my Gmail.

Ok with your permission let me see if I can recover it for you. Do I have your permission?

If so what is your gmail address

Are you here?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
please do what you can. I can only access Gmail on my cell. Here it asks for a pw and I forgot it and it will not let me reset a new one.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I will pay the $39.00 if I have to, but do not think I should have to pay for what is really a Gmail problem and not mine.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Do I have to pay to get it done?

Ok . This isn't google. You are At Just Answer and support site

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Okay.

I will do my best to help you. What is your Gmail address

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Do I have to pay the $39.00 then? Wonder how I can contact Goggle Chrome and let them know I think it stinks that I could not get in with a new password. My gmail is***@******.***. I mean no harm to you because I know you are doing your best.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sorry about my frustration. It is not your fault.

I think that is asking you if you want remote support. Which you can just ignore those

Did you get a code to your phone?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Okay, thank you. I just wanted to be sure.

You should have received a code from google. I will need that code please

it ws sent to this number(###) ###-####/p>

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
G-287602
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Opps...278602
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sorry about that.

you should put in 57

When asked

ok it timed out

let me know when you are ready to receive code

I will resend

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ready

81

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Dang, I tried to hit YES and it timed out again.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Whoa, just got it back and put it through.

yeah it timed out on my side

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Arrrghhh...do we need to do it again?

Let me look. its not giving that option at the moment

I'm going to step again

Now its telling me to many attempts to try later. So We will need to try again in 2 hrs. But We will do a phone call so you don't have to look at chat to see the code to put in

book mark this pages so you can come back. My number is(###) ###-####/p>

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Oh, good grief! What a pain. Thank you so much for putting up with this and call me later. Thank you so much!

you will need to be on speaker phone while you talk to me or on a different phone then the

Do you have a different number? to call

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I do but it is a land line:(###) ###-####

Thats fine. Just so you can have the cell phone to go thru and put the code in

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
My cell is the(###) ###-####

So I will call the land line and you have the cell phone with you to accept googles code

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Okay, talk to you then. Thanks!

ok, its 10:20 my time I'll call 2 hrs from now

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
11:20 here. Will add the two hours.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Fran: I tried one last pw and it worked! Geesh! I found it on a slip of paper that was hidden among the rest. You won't have to call me tomorrow. Thanks for your help. Sorry it was something that easy after all the work you put in to this problem! You rock! Thanks again, Nora

Great! Please just rate my efforts at the top of this page. and this ticket will be closed. Thanks

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars/ and then
press Submit at the top of your question page.

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.
Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me.
It has been a pleasure assisting you today. Fran
**********************************************************************************

Fran
Fran, Computer Support Specialist
Fran
Fran
Fran, Computer Support Specialist