Have a dell 620 desk top computer. How can I delete all

Have a dell 620...

Have a dell 620 desk top computer. How can I delete all passwords? Tired of passwords.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your 620?

Windows 7

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your 620? What have you tried so far?

Not long. tired to delete both system and authority passwords.

Not yet
3/1/2018
Richard, Computer Specialist

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Can you tell me for which services the password ***** ***** you wish to change or remove?

Please let me know

Thank you

Not sure for sure. Could be system or authoirty.. would just like to turn on windows 7and it is ready to go.
Not just yet. I am not home..

So the issue is you cannot sign into windows 7?

right.can not sign jnto windows 7.

What is the error you get when you fail to sign in?

wrong password ***** I have to leave for now, will stand by.

you have three options here which I will list out. As this is security, there is no simple solution, but any of these three options will work, it will just depend on how commfortable you feel doing them.

1)Reinstall the computer. This means you reinstall windows but lose all your data on the computer. It is not ideal, but the easiest way to do this. For this option,

Turn on the computer.

As the computer starts, press < F8 > on the keyboard until the Advanced Boot Options menu appears on the screen.

You must press before the Windows logo appears on the screen. If you press after the Windows logo appears on the screen, the Advanced Boot Options menu will not appear on the screen. If you do not see the Advanced Boot Options menu, restart the computer, and then repeat this step until you see the menu on the screen.

Press the < Down Arrow > on the keyboard to select Repair Your Computer on the Advanced Boot Options menu, and then press < Enter >.

Specify the language settings that you want, and then click Next.

Click Dell Factory Image Restore.

In the Dell Factory Image Restore window, click Next.

Click to select the Yes, reformat hard drive and restore system software to factory condition check box.

Click Next.

The computer is restored to the default factory configuration.

When the restore operation is completed, click Finish to restart the computer.

2) Take it to a computer store, have them take out the hard drive and copy out your data to another disk. Then the reinstall can be done and you wont lose your data. Programs you have to install again.

3) This is the most complex solution, but it will mean you will not lose your data or programs and can do this yourself

Save this file to your computer

http://pogostick.net/~pnh/ntpasswd/cd140201.zip

After downloading the ZIP file, locate it and double-click on it. Select "Extract All." Extract the files to the same folder the ZIP file is in.

The .ISO file is a CD image file used to create a bootable CD. The file must be burned as a bootable CD - not as a data file - to a CD. If you don't know how to do this, the simplest method is to download the freeware ISO burner at the link below:

http://isorecorder.alexfeinman.com/isorecorder.htm

Choose the appropriate version for your system (at present, version 3.1 for Windows Vista and Windows 7.) Download the installation file to a convenient folder. After downloading it, right-click on the file and select "Install." Now go back to the .ISO file, right-click on it, and select "Copy image to CD."

After burning the bootable CD, put it in your problem computer and restart the computer. Tap anykey to have the disk load.

Follow the instructions given on the screen to change the password ***** the target account.

This video shows you how to do the instructions I explained

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWnV5SM7iS0

After completing the reset procedure, remove the CD from the drive and restart the system. The password ***** the target account is now set to whatever you chose.

You will have to do one of these three options to get access to the computer again.

Let me know how you go please

Thank you. If Ican not get this job done, you will hear from me soon.

You are welcome and thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen then submit before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Richard, Computer Specialist