Black screen, have reset, taken out battery and then plugged…

Black screen, have reset...

Black screen, have reset, taken out battery and then plugged back into charger. Still black screen. Power button is green no noise from this pc. Am reading to take out ram ... is this the next step?

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Thinkpad t520

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your ThinkPad?

Windows no idea

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your ThinkPad? Have you installed any updates recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

How to fix it! :)

2/24/2018
Moses C
Moses C, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer support, thank you for utilizing our service.
I will be assisting you with the query and question you have with us.

Black screen and no light on the keyboard if you press numlock?

Screen has initialed at the windows 7 control alt delete but nothing is tesponding

is the mouse working?

No nothing working

control alt delete works?

No nothing is working at all

remove the battery unplug the ac adapter open the back cover and remove the RAM and the harddrive.

Have done that Came up in the initialisation as media something failureStill frozen screen at control alt deleteBeeps if I close the laptop but remain at control alt delete screen frozen
can anyone help me with this issue??????

after removing the RAM and hard drive did you power on the laptop?

It hasn’t taken you 45 mins to ask me this .... so I are you saying that I need to force another shut down?

I wanted you to remove the RAM and the hard drive and then power on the laptop and let me know if you hear any beep sound.

If you read the 5:18 response I have answered that question
I have just rebooted it again and now I am back to a black screen again

if you have removed the RAM and the hard drive it will not come up with any screen.

Did you hear any beep codes or sound.

Beep when it was initializing now is back at control alt delete screen No functioning of touch pad no keys working

RAM and hard drive is in or its out of the computer?

Any other suggestions?

please answer my question then i can suggest other possibilities

I unscrewed 2 sections on the back. One had nothing to take out and the other looked like a battery. I took it out and then then put it back in.
Is this what you meant.?

No

I am it a pic expert you are and I do not understand what it is that you are asking me to do... where do I find this ram and hard drive?

I wanted you to remove the RAM Chip which is the Memory dimm module picture link attached

power on the laptop after you remove the RAM chips

There is no ram chip in it when I opened it.

is it Thinkpad T520?

I have taken out the one that is under the key for pad. Do I put the keyboard back and power off and on again?

i am sorry i didnt ask you to remove the keyboard the RAM is located at the bottom panel of the lapto.

Again there was no ram chip in it like the picture you sent.

I'll open your question up to all the experts. One of them may have seen this
precise situation before. You'll receive an e-mail notification when one responds.

Left it overnight Got to safe mode
Keyboard was working
Plugged in USB stick
Frozen
Tuned on and off again
Got to log in screen
Can use keyboard but pad touch is intermittent
Keyboard is gone again
David L
David L, Systems Engineer

My name is David.

Power down then power up the computer.

Press F1 at the ThinkPad boot screen.

When the BIOS menu appears, navigate to the option to reset the BIOS settings to factory default and select that option then press F10 to save and exit.

On boot-up test to see if the issue is resolved.

Please let me know the result.

Do you still need assistance?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi thanks for your time. I appreciate you getting back to me. The think pad was taken by my husband took it to have it looked locally.

Ok and thanks for letting me know.

If it does not work out just reply here and I will respond to help you.

Best regards,

David.

David L
David L, Systems Engineer
David L
David L
David L, Systems Engineer