I have Dell U2312HM monitor and a Dell Inspiron with.

I have Dell U2312HM...

I have Dell U2312HM monitor and a Dell Inspiron with

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Inspiron?

Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Inspiron? Have you installed any updates recently?

They suddenly quit recognizing the wireless mouse. I changed the batteries in the mouse and keyboard but it didn't help. All of the suggestions require me to use the mouse and that can't be done.

2/20/2018
Sheri
Sheri, Expert

Thanks for using JustAnswer. I am happy to assist you with this issue. What is the brand and model of the wireless mouse? This can be found on the underside of the mouse or in the battery compartment, typically. Please let me know so we can go to the next step.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Sheri
Sheri, Expert
Logitech M 185
I am ready t o go to the next step

I see you accepted the system generated remote support offer. I just want to make sure you intended this and want remote support or if it was done in error. I would be happy to connect in and work on the problem. Reply and let me know and i can send you connection information. Otherwise, we can continue via messaging. Let me know so we can go to the next step.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

How can you help me when the computer you need to look at is unable to use the mouse

I would be using my mouse remotely.

OK

Please click the below link to join the remote session. There will be a chat box within the session that we can communicate in. Once you click the link, watch the download of Elsinore ScreenConnect and run it once downloaded.

Link:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=522ae28e-1558-4f56-8bc2-08e1e648bdf2

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Below are the connection instructions for the remote session:

Link:http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=522ae28e-1558-4f56-8bc2-08e1e648bdf2Regards,Sheri-Expert

Just let me know if you have trouble getting connected.

How will will you get to the computer that needs to be examined

I sent you a link to open on the computer that I need to work on. Is it a laptop? If it is, then you can use the touchpad as a mouse. If it is a desktop, plug in a corded mouse to get connected, if you have one. Let me know.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Are you having trouble connecting?

I have to walk away from the computer for a few mins and will check back and see if you are connected yet. If you get connected, just leave it connected and I will message you on the screen when I see it connected.

Can you tell me if you are still trying to connect and what is happening? Thanks

I am closing the remote session since I haven't heard from you. If you would like to try again later or tomorrow, just reply.

If you would like to try on your own, connect a working mouse to your laptop or use the built in touchpad as a mouse. The follow these steps:

1. Is the mouse powered on?

2. Is the Nano receiver securely plugged into a USB port? Try changing USB ports.

3. If the Nano receiver is plugged into a USB hub, try plugging it directly into a USB port on your computer.

4. Check the orientation of the battery inside the mouse.

5. For Windows® operating systems, reconnect the mouse with the Nano receiver by launching the Connect utility from www.logitech.com/ connect_utility

Then if that doesn't work, do the following:

In the search on the bottom, type device manager and select device manager from the list that opens. Click the arrow next to Mouse.
Right click on your mouse and choose update driver. Then choose search automatically for updated driver software. Then, if presented, allow to search Windows Update. If a new driver is found in this process, allow it to update. Then test.
Please reply and let me know if that works for you or if you have any questions. Then we can go to the next step if needed.
Regards,
Sheri-Expert

I problem is in a desktop that won't recognize a wireless mouse.If I DON'T have the use of a mouse how can I click on a link for secure remote assistance

As I mentioned, laptops have a built in touchpad. is your touchpad not working either? The touchpad is the rectangular flat pad below the keyboard. You just slide your finger around on it to move the mouse and it will either have buttons to click or you can just tap on the flat pad to click.

If you have a mouse with a cord, you can plug it in, too.

Hi, good morning. I just wanted to follow up and see if you found a way to use the touchpad or another mouse to try to connect remotely. let me know.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Hi, I haven't heard back from you. I just wanted to follow up to see if everything is resolved and whether you still need assistance. Please reply and let me know.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Good morning Sheri. I still haven't got my dell inspiron desktop to recognize the wireless mouse.
I got a corded mouse that works on every computer except the one that won't recognize it or the wireless
mouse. I did notice when I plug in the corded mouse
in the USB ports of the other computers it lights up.
When I try all of the USB ports on the desktop I'm trouble with it doesn't light up. Could that have to do with my problem?
Should the corded mouse light up on any input USB port?

It sounds like a possible issue with the USB ports, if the mouse does not light up on yours. It could be a power issue to those ports

Have you tried all the ports?

You can see if there are any updated USB drivers. Try this again, but instead of for the mouse, choose the USB section:

In the search on the bottom, type device manager and select device manager from the list that opens. Click the arrow next to USB (usually near the bottom).
Right click the category and choose update driver. Then choose search automatically for updated driver software. Then, if presented, allow to search Windows Update. If a new driver is found in this process, allow it to update. Then test.

Please reply and let me know if that works for you or if you have any questions. If that does not work, this may be a hardware issue. To rule out a software issue, we can either run system restore and restore the laptop back to an earlier point, if you have restore points set up. We can also do a reset of the System to factory, but with keeping your files. You would have to reinstall your programs after this reset procedure.

I will wait to hear back from you.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert
Regards,
Sheri-Expert

It appears to be a hardware problem since there is no power in any of the USB ports. How can I run any type of reset if I can't get on the computer. Is there a disc I can put in that may sort this out.

Can you use the touchpad?

This is a Dell Inspiron desktop that has no touch pads

Ok, thanks for answering that. How old is the computer? I can look up the service tag number to see if it is under the Dell warranty. Just send me the service tag number from the label on the computer on the side or back.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Tag

I didn't receive it.

Tag.###-##-####

That is not a valid service tag. Please make sure to send the one called service tag.

CGDZj02

Click the link below to view the Dell Warranty information for your system:

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/servicetag/cgdzj02/warranty?ref=captchasuccess

Unfortunately, it appears it is out of warranty. Do you have a corded mouse you can use to try? Also, is your keyboard working when plugged into a USB port?

It is a wireless

Yes, I know. I want you to plug something else into a USB port and see if it works.

I plugged in 3 mice and 1 iPhone 7 in 4 different USB ports. To my surprise when I turned it on all 4 items were lighted for about 4 seconds before the Dell logo appears. Does this tell us anything?

Hi, thank you for updating me. yes, that is good news that your USB port work. Since you now have a mouse, please do the following:

Plug in the wireless mouse nano adapter into a working USB port in your computer. Turn the mouse on and wait to see if it is detected. If any questions pop up, answer yes. Wait a moment to see if Windows loads a driver. Next, test the mouse. Let me know if it works and then we will try updating the driver again, if needed.

This is the second reply to your last request for me to try. You instructed me to plug the wireless mouse nano adapter into a working USB port.. I am not familiar with the nano adapt and all of the USB ports are only working for 5 seconds right before the Dell logo appears on the computer screen. Why it is only on for 5 seconds is the problem.

Does your wireless mouse have a separate usb receiver that plugs into the usb port, that makes it communicate with the computer? I looked at the specs of that model and it indicates it does. It's a small little adapter. Also, are you saying that once Windows boots up, you no longer have working USB ports? Is that what you mean?

My wireless mouse has a separate USB receiver that plugs in a USB port that makes it communicate with the computer. It's a very small adapter that I was calling it a receiver. Yes, I no longer have working USB ports after Windows boots up. I also noticed today sort quick message in the upper left corner of my monitor " Keyboard Failure". I hope we are getting close to our problem.

This is likely an issue related to a Windows update. If we could get connected remotely, I could use my virtual mouse and keyboard to work on the issue. Unfortunately, I can't think of a way for you to be able to get me connected, since you cannot use a keyboard or mouse. There are several fixes. I will try sending you the one you may be able to do on your own, although it is a bit complicated.

Try these steps:

• Crash (improperly shut down) the computer a few times on purpose to get to the Windows Automatic Repair screen
  • Advanced options
  • Command Prompt
  • type this: dism /online /remove-package /packagename:Package_for_RollupFix~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~16299.248.1.17
  • Press Enter (Return)
  • It will ask you to reboot ANSWER Yes
  • After reboot, you may have to remove the update again

To apply the update again, after the reboot, do the following:

• PressWindows Key + R
  • Type appwiz.cpl
  • View installed updates
  • Look for update KB4074588 (OS Build 16299.248)
  • Right Click it. Uninstall it. DO NOT REBOOT YET.
  • Windows Key + R
  • ms-settings:
  • Click OK
  • Click Windows Update
  • Scroll way down to the bottom
  • There are possibly 3 options
  • Change them all to the max number of days
  • 365 days for top option
  • 30 days for security updates option
  • Pause updates (slider bar to turn it on)
  • Reboot

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

I got to Windows Repair screen and then Command Prompt. I can't go farther because they're asking for the password ***** an account that I'm not familiar.

Did you try using your password?

Good morning. I decided not to pursue this anymore and went to Windows Automatic Repair and set the computer set back to the original status. I will not need your service anymore.George

Thank you for updating me. I am glad to have helped get you into automatic repair to resolve the issue. Just reply if you have any questions.

Regards.

Sheri-Expert