My mother in law just recently lost her husband and we are…

My mother in law...

My mother in law just recently lost her husband and we are trying to get his iPad set up but we cannot find his user name and password

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

We don’t know

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

We cannot get past the activation lock

2/17/2018
GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist

Hi there! My name is***** accept my sincere condolences on the loss of your father-in-law. I'm sorry that you're having this trouble. It would be my pleasure to assist you. Your Apple id and password are used for all Apple devices and products including iTunes, and iCloud. Your ID is usually an email address. Does your Mother-in-law know what email address he might have used?

Please note: You may see offers for ADDITIONAL SERVICES that are automatically generated by the website. They are completely optional. Please feel free to ignore them.

Would it be a yahoo email

It definitely could be. It could be ANY email address. what is the first part of his Yahoo email address? (Just the part before the @ sign). Can she access his Yahoo email account?

Jrmil

I'm sorry. That email address is not linked with an Apple account. Is there another one that you would like to try?

Jrmil1123

Now that IS linked with an APPLE account. Can you receive emails sent to that account?

I've just had an email sent to that address. It will be from Apple and It will have instructions for resetting the password ***** the account.

Please give this a try and let me know the results. If you have any problems with any of the steps or need clarification, just let me know. If for any reason this doesn't work for you, please tell me so I can provide additional help. I am committed to working with you until the problem is fully resolved. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!

Yep got it taken care of thanks!

You're welcome!

GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist