There -- I have a few Zipp 100 disks and a USB omega drive…

hey there -- I have...
hey there -- I have a few Zipp 100 disks and a USB omega drive -- I can't seem to get the file or drive to show on my desk top -- it is in the system report as a ZIP Drive -- I am using a MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015) with a 2.2 Intel i7 processor -- is there anything I can do to get to the files
2/17/2018
Ricky Expert
Ricky Expert, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Which version of OS X are you running?

11.0.3
oops -- that is the system on my iMac -- the system on my notebook is10.13.3

Thank you. Iomega Zip drives are actually no longer compatible with OS X. To get the information off of the disks you will need to either connect them to an older computer (much older) or send the zip disks in to a data company that can recover the data and send it to you on newer media, such as a USB flash drive.

Ricky Expert
thanks for the info - that isn't the answer I was looking for but it's not your fault

Would you like me to send you the info for a data company?

You can use this company if you would like to recover the data: http://www.datalabrecovery.com/data-recovery-services/media-recovery/zip-disk-recovery/

If you have any follow-up questions, don’t hesitate to ask. If finished, please take a moment to rate my service using the stars at the top of this page. Thank you, ***** ***** a great day!