I can't access my ymail account. Computer, IPad and IPhone.

I can't access my...

I can't access my ymail account.

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your email account on any other devices?

Computer, IPad and IPhone.

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

Yes already did that from both iPad and iPhone. Re-entered and also changed my password.

2/17/2018
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your email. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question."

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

What email are you trying to get back?

How do you usually access your email? Email client such as windows live, (built in email app

on the computer itself that looks like an envelope) Thunderbird? Using a regular browser such

as Firefox/Internet Explorer/Chrome etc?

I have a mac. It's not on; I've been trying to get emails from my iPad and iPhone for my ymail account.

How are you accessing that email on those devices? Do you click the email envelope icon and trying from there?

A browser like Safari at Yahoo.com?

Or did you download the yahoo app?

Email icon

Ok, please go to Safari or another browser. Type in yahoo.com and try to access it from there.

Tell me what happens when done.

I was able to access my account with new password

Perfect! We are not done yet though.

Now, when you go to your email icon again like before, it should prompt you 'there' to put in a new password *****

Make sure you do that to get it to download to your email app on the device.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Reply with any and all errors or concerns referring to your technical issue.

Thank you,

~Franklin

I didn't two times and still is asking me to re enter password

Ok, lets get rid of your email on that phone first.

We can do this one of two ways after.

We can readd that email with the password ***** we know works.

Or we can download the yahoo email app and use it. I highly recommend that option

as it is less problematic in most cases.

Which would you like to do?

Download app

Perfect, lets do this, in this order.

Lets 'remove' the account first.

Open the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad and tap on Mail, Contacts, Calendars. Select the email account you would like to delete and then swipe all the way to the bottom of the screen. You will then see an option that says "Delete Account". Tap it to remove the account from your iOS device.

You will do this for your ipad and your iphone both.

Then you will go to your 'app store' on those devices and type in yahoo. When you see the app in the results,

tap it, download/install it and when it opens, add your info that you know you just tested that is correct

and let the app set up your email from there.

Let me know results.

Can't download it. I need to update IOS.

Plug your device into power and connect to the Internet with Wi-Fi. Tap Settings > General > Software Update. Tap Download and Install. If a message asks to temporarily remove apps because iOS needs more space for the update, tap Continue or Cancel.

will do

If that doesnt work as sometimes your device will need further assistance depending on when you last updated it,

you may need itunes/computer to connect it to for the update.

If you run into any issues, i will be here til late afternoon.

Please rate this solution with the 5 star rating to close out as it is the only way i am listed as successful and credited by the companies ledger

of solutions finished. If you need further assistance, just leave a reply and we will continue as opposed to closing out the question and email

updates between us.

Thank you,

~Franklin

Isaac Franklin
Need more help. Im on my computer now

What is it you are trying to do at this point? The update, the email, delete the old email etc?

Please tell me what point you are at.

Iphone will not update; says iOS 9.3.1 is the latest. iPad is currently recovering; try to update to 11 so I can install the yahoo app. Try to get ymail on my computer and failed. Changed password ***** still failed. HELP

Then you will need to connect to update them on your pc with itunes.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203097

OK I'll try. Thanks

Perfect, but as a word of advice, when you do this with those devices. You cannot use a generic cord

to run from those devices to the computer. It will fail most likely if you do. They must be the cords for those

devices and not a 'cheaper' version of the cord if you had to grab one in a hurry before.

Reply when done.

Ipad all done. iPhone connected to iTunes: try to update and message still reads iOS 9.3.1 is the current version. Don't know how to update to 11.

You do the same thing with the iphone. When you plug it in, it should prompt you to go to newest version on screen.

They work the same way.

it shows software update "1" and when I pick it; it states 9.3.1 Your software is up to date.

Then that is all your phone is capable of. You are on the correct setting if you see that.

OK. Have a good day

You too!

Franklin