Screen with a message of warning battery is critically low…

Customer Question
HI, white screen with...

HI, white screen with a message of warning battery is critically low and in the right low corner 3 options: continue, bios setup and diagnostics, none of them works

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

XPS 15 9550

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your XPS?

Don't know for sure, maybe windows 10, ystem bios said 1.6.1

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your XPS? Have you installed any updates recently?

Nop

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I went to sleep and left it without connection to the battery it seems it tried to do an update

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Computer
2/17/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Sheri, Expert replied 5 months ago
Sheri
Sheri, Expert

Thanks for using JustAnswer. I am happy to assist you with this issue. First, turn off the computer and remove the power adapter. Next, turn the laptop upside down and remove the battery. Leave it like this for approx. 5 minutes. Next, Plug the power adapter only in and try turning on the computer. (it may not do anything). If it does turn on, shut it down. Remove power adapter again. Reinstall the battery and connect the power adapter and try turning the laptop on. Be patient and wait at the startup to see if it comes to any other menu. Let me know what comes up. Then we can go to the next step.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Hi, I haven't heard back from you. I just wanted to follow up to see if everything is resolved and whether you still need assistance. Please reply and let me know.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert