When my computer automatically tries to update windows 10,

When my computer automatically...

When my computer automatically tries to update windows 10, it freezes at 81%. i turned the computer off and now when I turned it back on it flashes that it is converting back to previous version then cuts off and restarts. It goes through that cycle of restarting and flashing installing previous version continually.

Technician's Assistant: Which software or app can I help with?

Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your software?

I spoke with Microsoft technical support by phone and he tried to do the update. But the update froze again at 81%. Now it just flashes "restoring previous version of windows and restarts over and over and over again.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

I tried Microsoft technical support about 2 weeks ago and go so frustrated them not picking up. tonight I held on the phone for 3 hours and no one picked up to answer my question.

2/12/2018
RussellA
RussellA, Information Systems Manager

This issue can be caused by a failed Windows update. There are several ways on how we can resolve your issue with getting stuck at Restoring your previous version of Windows loop. As an initial recommendation, we suggest that you follow the steps below to reset your PC:

1. Click on Start (Windows icon).
  2. Go to Settings (gear icon).
  3. Select Update & Security > Recovery > Reset this PC.
  4. Hit on the Get Started button.
  5. During the process, select Keep my files option to keep all your personal data safe.

I take pride in providing quick solutions to your issues. If you are satisfied with my answer please mark this as answered, and leave me a rating and feedback. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to open another query directly with me.

RussellA
RussellA, Information Systems Manager
I cannot click on "Start" because it doesn't get to Windows. my computer is doing the loop continually and the previous version is not being restored.
Should I continue to wait? How long do I have to wait?
Sorry
Right before the reboot, please press F8 to get to recovery mode
Pressing f8 is not working to get to recovery mode
My computer is just continuing the loop
I am still here.
Your advice did not work.
Are you going to do a remote assistance ? I am still waiting. Nothing has worked.