Last night on my private computer there was an attempt to…

Last night on my...

Last night on my private computer there was an attempt to upgrade Windows 10. It failed and since then has been stuck in an endless loop of trying to install and go back to the previous version of Windows. There is no way to break this loop and no recue disk available. How can this be reversed so the machine will work and stop any attempt to upgrade.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update your software?

It tried last night and failed. Windows 10 has been running since an online upgrade two years ago?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

That is the situation

Answered in 1 day by:
2/12/2018
Richard, Computer Specialist

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

If you now try to start the computer, what exactly happens?

Same thing. Constant loop through several screens. Does not go to Windows start up screen. Trying to install then going to revert back to previous windows both the working blue Microsoft circle

Thanks

What is the make and model of the computer?

Toshiba Satellite L500

Thanks

Power it off, then hold the 0 (zero) and with it held, power on the computer until you get to a menu

Can you get to this?

It has brought up product recovery menu with options for windows 7 32 bit of 64 bit

Ok, choose windows 7 32bit, what options are you then given?

Going to delete all data if run.

Ok, is your data backed up on the computer?

Not all, especially bits working on when this happened. Would not like to lose it

Ok, you will need to take it into a store to have the data manually removed from the computer (the will take out the hard drive and copy it off the computer).

Once done, the hard drive is then put in and you will need to do this recovery.

If your data is not backed up that is the only way to get it backed up.

Ok thanks.

You are welcome and thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen then submit before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Fait go mate. Microsoft stuff up my machine now I take it into a shop at my time and I should think Microsoft is a wonderful company. Not much about looking after customers when the fault lies with the company. You might have done your job but it is not fixed and my time and more money down the drain without s care from MS except to go buy the latest. I thought Microsoft better than Apple.

Hi there

I am sorry if you are not happy with me, I can only tell you the reality of the situation sorry, I understand your feelings about Microsoft but please understand I have no control over this and the rating is about me, not microsoft.

If there is anything else you need I would be happy to help here

Richard, Computer Specialist