Imy computor is hung up It says my computer is being

Customer Question
Imy computor is hung...

Imy computor is hung up It says my computer is being blocked. by Microsoft And to call 1(###) ###-####

Technician's Assistant: What Microsoft model do you have? And the Operating System (OS)?

I'm sorry I don't know ? where do I find it

Technician's Assistant: The Computer Technician will be able to walk you through that. How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

It just happened about 30 min. ago I ran Malware byte and restarted the computer. It's not this computer it's my wife's

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I can't do anything with it. i'M locked out

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/7/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist replied 5 months ago
Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist

I'm sorry about the issue. That is a fake popup message. It is a scam, so please do not call that number and do not follow any instruction in it.

- Does the popup message still occur when you shut down / restart the computer?

- Or does the popup message only occur when you open the Internet on the computer? etc.?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Please try the following fix:

1. Close all programs if possible.
  2. Disconnect the power cord(s) from your internet modem / router device(s) for now.
  3. Shut down the problematic computer.
    ; (Note: If it does not let you shut down your computer, then press and hold the Power on / off button on your computer for about 10 seconds, then it should power off.)
  4. Turn your computer back on.
  5. Open the Internet program on your computer.
    - It should display connection error or something similar.
  6. Go to a website you use often, such as google.com or yahoo.com etc. and it should display error again.
  7. Wait a minute.
  8. Close all the Internet tabs / pages / windows.
  9. Re-connect the power cord(s) to your internet modem / router device(s).
  10. Wait a few minutes.
  11. Open the Internet on your computer, (and if prompted to restore, do not restore, but just close / cancel it.)
  12. Then see if the issue is resolved now.

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.