Cannot connect with alexa. Net gear. She says she has found…

Customer Question
Cannot connect with alexa ...

Cannot connect with alexa

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your router?

Net gear

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

She says she has found the wifi but still have issues

Submitted: 11 days ago.Category: Computer
2/6/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Karthik, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 11 days ago
Karthik
Karthik, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Before we proceed further, I would like to ask you few question about this problem. Could you please tell me whether your other Wifi devices like smartphones or laptops are working fine with the netgear network?

Customer reply replied 11 days ago
no

Please reboot the Netgear router by unplug the power cable from the router and replug the power cable back to the router, wait till all the lights to lid up in the router. Once it is done, please try this following to steps for connecting the Alexa to the wifi network.

Before you begin

• Plug your Echo into a power outlet.
  • Open the Alexa app.

Echo connects to dual-band Wi-Fi (2.4 GHz / 5 GHz) networks that use the 802.11a / b / g / n standard. Echo does not connect to ad-hoc (or peer-to-peer) networks.

1. In the Alexa app, open the left navigation panel and then select Settings.

2. Select your device and then select Update Wi-Fi. If you're adding a new device to your account, select Set up a new device instead.

3. On your Echo device, press and hold the Action button until the light ring changes to orange.Your mobile device will then connect to your Echo device. A list of available Wi-Fi networks appear in the app.

• Note: The Alexa app may ask you to manually connect your device to your Echo device through your Wi-Fi settings.

4. Select your Wi-Fi network and enter the network password (if required). If you don't see your Wi-Fi network, scroll down and select Add a Network (for hidden networks) or Rescan.

• MAC address: If you need to add your Alexa device to your router's list of approved devices, scroll down on this screen until you see the MAC address.
  • Optional - Save your Wi-Fi password ***** Amazon: Any Wi-Fi passwords saved during setup automatically appear when you connect a new Alexa device to the same Wi-Fi network. The password ***** ***** remembered if you switch between saved Wi-Fi networks.
  • Optional - Connect to a public network: Enter any required information if you are connecting to a public network that requires a web browser to sign in, like a school or hotel. The information could be a pre-shared password, room number, or just a button to accept conditions for using the network. This information cannot be saved to Amazon. Contact the network owner for more information.

5. Select Connect. After your device connects to your Wi-Fi network, a confirmation message appears in the app. You're now ready to use Alexa.

If that doesn't work or if any other steps is unclear or if you get any error message while connecting the alexa to the wifi, please let me know so that we can work on it and give you the alternate solution.

Karthik
Karthik
Karthik, Computer Hardware Engineer