My daughter who lives over 700 miles away has been having…

My daughter who lives...

My daughter who lives over 700 miles away has been having trouble for quite sometime now t=with her Skype, I only get to visit them and see my 4 year old granddaughter twice a year so I rely on skyping that is the only thing that keeps me in between our visits so please please can you please tell me what she can do to set a new password, it won't let her as she has lost her old one, thank you

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your computer or device?

What exctly do you mean

Technician's Assistant: The Software Technician will be able to walk you through that. When did you last update your Skype?

I am not sure, but it has been a while, but when she tried updating it is when she started having all this trouble

Answered in 1 minute by:
1/24/2018
Cris
Cris, Support Specialist

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Cris and will be glad to assist you.

Did she try to reset the password?

several times but they won't allow her to , she has tried everything

I see, give me a moment to explain.

she cannot remember her old password ***** when shr tries to set a new one it won't allow her too
if it is on her end how can it be fixed trough me

Skype accounts are free. Each account has a set of recovery options from a backup email account, phone number and security questions. These are the recovery options provided when you can't remember the password ***** lose access.

Unfortunately Skype/Microsoft does not provide any live support because there is no billing info to validate your identity. So they cannot prove it is really the person calling into to claim the account.

If you have exhausted the recovery options and still no luck there may not be a way to recover the account. Has she considered opening a new account? Are you the only one who she Skype's with?

Can you please give me some answer as what she can do

I just replied back to you did you get my response?

Her husband does not want open a new one because he is afraid there will be a charge to do it
How do they go about doing this
I am mainly the only one she Skype with
Are you still here

No not at all. Skype is a free account and allows you to Skype with other user's totally free. I have multiple Skype accounts for work, business and personal all free. You can create a free Skype account from the link below.

https://tinyurl.com/yd97xhst

She can also just Google open free skype account and it will appear.

Let me know if this answers your question and if you have any further questions. Please take a moment to rate my service and submit at the top.

I will give her the information, thank you

Excellent, you are very welcome. Tell her to make sure she sets up the recovery options so in the case she forgets password ***** can easily reset.

Please take a moment to rate my service and submit at the top so I am credited for assisting you.

Cris
Cris, Support Specialist
I will
This expert answered my questions, I was very satisfied with him.

Thank you very much!