I have a Canon Pixma MG5320, has been working great for 3…

I have a Canon...

I have a Canon Pixma MG5320, has been working great for 3 yrs. Just put 2 new color cartridges in it as it would not print again until I did so. I have printed since but this am it seems jammed & says "Printer Error has occurred. Unplug the cord & contact the service center.

Technician's Assistant: Is this the first time you've had to change the ink for your Pixma?

No it's not.

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages? Are you able to open the lid that covers the cartridges on your printer?

Yes, I can lift the lid & take out the cartridges if need be.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I've actually already taken them out & put them back in case one wasn't snapped in correctly.

1/23/2018
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Just started yesterday, never had a problem since new!

OK - to allow me to connect to your PC/MAC, you must install free remote access software.

Please click on this link to the teamviewer website: https://www.teamviewer.com/en/
Click on the "Download Free" box to download and install the software on your computer.
Once installed, reboot your computer.
Upon reboot, open the software from your computer and you will see an ID and Password, please give this to me to connect.
Thanks
Kris

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I'D 535 116 407
Password *****

Hi

Connecred.

Can you reboot it and try again.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I've rebooted & I'm ready!

Is the error cleared?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No, I just turned the printer back on after plugging it in again & it still says printer error has occurred, unplug & contact service center.

OK can you take the ink out and reboot please.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sorry, do I reboot the laptop & shut the printer off as well?

No just the printer.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Turned the printer back on, it's still the same message-printer error has occurred.

When was this purchased?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Maybe 3 yrs. ago, but hardly gets used. We are snow birds, only in fl. for 4 months ea. winter & it only use it when we pay bills at end of ea. month. Has always worked great, even after sitting here for 7 or 8 months, never dried up. Should I put the cartridges back in.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
By the way, it is wired. I never did get it working wirelessly.

Yes please, I think this may be a inking system issue, most likely a hardware replacement

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Put the cartridges back in, turned it off & on again. Same message comes up. I guess I'll have to break down & buy a new one.

It would be cost effective to do this, I wil easily set the new one up at no extra cost to you, if you wish.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OK, thanks for trying, that's what I'm going to do.

OK great.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
This was truly a waste of time & $40.

Resolved

Kris R
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer