Have Kingston USB flash, 16 Gb. last week made a photo in…

Hello, have Kingston USB flash, 16...
have Kingston USB flash, 16 Gb.
last week made a photo in photo salon, and they downloaded photo on it.
don't know how they did that.
But now when I'm using it, I noticed that name of my flash changed. also I have a folder there, when I open that, it opens in a new window, not in the same as usual. needed to copy there pdf file, and drag and drop doesn't work now. when I do drag and drop it removes from my computer to flash. so needed to use copy and paste.
already tried formating, but did't helped
any ideas?
windows 10
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/23/2018
Richard, Computer Specialist

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Can you clarify, what exactly happens when you try to copy and paste?

Please let me know

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
When I copy and paste everything works as it should be.
Just concern that I can't drag and drop as it was before, and why it opens a new window instead to open the folder in the same one.

Ok, the new window is a setting in windows explorer, under Folder Options you can change this.

What exactly happens when you drag and drop? Does it move the files instead of copying them?

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
it just removed from computer and goes to flash

Ok, that is normal, drag and drop is always moving, what you do is hold the CTRL key and then drag and drop., then it will only copy and not move.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
strange, I thought it always copied when you make drag and drop.
can you explain about opening new folder. I tried it on both computers, and it's opening new window

In windows File manager click on View, Options, Change folder options.

You then see the option there immediately under browse folders.

If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
remind me how to open File Manager? it should be in control panel?

This is what you use for copying files.

The Yellow folder icon in your task bar.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
okay, found that option the one your were talking about. and there's everything okay. box is checked on the option to open in the same window. but it doesn't.
Could it be that photo salon used some soft to upload my photo and it changed falsh configurations?

You are probably in the wrong area, first click on the Kingston drive then set the option.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
oh maannn,
sorry Richard. just tried one more thing. so it seems I have a problem not with the flash but with the specific folder.
it does the same on computer it self
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I have noticed that all my folders, ahs usual picture of folder, and the one I ahve problem with has a small arrow picture on the left corner on the bottom
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
by the way drag and drop working as it should be. I tried to do it in the falsh not in the folder on the flash, and it copied not moved.

yes, you need to go to the folder and then set the folder option there.

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.

Thanks,

Richard, Computer Specialist
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I know that Remotelly will be faster. But I fiquered out by myself what happened.
Still with you arround.
So it looks that somehow, I made something like a link or shortcut or path (not sure how to call it) to that needed folder and that's why it openned in new window.
I just found the original folder. again format the flash and add normal original folder with drag and drop y the way (it did copy) and now everything is working as it should be.
Thanks for being around for me
Richard, Computer Specialist