I have a new Lenovo laptop forgot the password. I cannot…

I have a new...

I have a new Lenovo laptop forgot the password. I cannot have access to it

Technician's Assistant: What's the model and Operating System (OS) of your Lenovo?

I'm a moving. Can you guide me

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Lenovo? Have you installed any updates recently?

Its empty. Actually my husband got it for me and he filled in the question and asked me to type in my password. Which I did but when I typed it in it's rejecting it

Technician's Assistant: The Laptop Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I think on the carton I saw os: Windows 10 Home

1/22/2018
Byron
Byron, Computer Support Specialist

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

If the password ***** ***** working,

you can Reset the PC and you can start over fresh.

Start or Re-start the computer such that

you are looking at your login screen (but don't log in), hold and keep down, the left Shift key.

Click the Power icon in the lower right corner of the screen (far right) and select Restart.

Release the Shift key when the Choose an Option screen appears.

click Troubleshoot

click Reset this PC

click Remove Everything

(install to the drive where Windows is installed, if asked)

click Just Remove Files

Once Windows has been reloaded
(it takes an hour or so)
you'll create a new user account and have access to the machine again.

Let me know the result please.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok. Let me try

Certainly. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
You said the power icon at the lower right. My power icon is on the upper right with the light reflecting on it

On the Windows 10 login screen where you enter your password ***** should see 3 icons in the lower right

corner of your screen. From left to right they are: Network/Wi-Fi>>>Ease of Access>>>Power

Does your screen have those?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I clicked it but it disappeared and nothing happenef

Please restart the computer. When you left click the power icon, a small menu

should pop up with 3 options, Restart being one of them.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
When I clicked on the power icon on the screen nothing happened. It disappeared and where do I restart after clicking the power icon on the screen
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Can we not talk on phone

Please hold down the power button for 4 to 5 seconds until you hear the laptop shut off.

After a few seconds, press the power button to turn it back on.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
39;ve done dat. It's booting
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It's on
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What next

Thanks. If you are now looking at your login screen here are the instructions.

click Troubleshoot

click Reset this PC

click Remove Everything

click Just Remove Files

Once Windows has been reloaded
(it takes an hour or so)

Let me know the result please.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It says my pc has more than one drive. Do you want to remove all files from all drives
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
All drives or only the drive where Windows is installed

Good job. Install only to the drive where Windows is installed.

Just remove files

When this completes, you'll set the computer up again much like you did when you first took it

out of the box.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok will let u know when resetting is complete.

Thank you. It should be approximately an hour.

I may be busy then but I'll respond as soon as I'm able.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok

Hi. Is the reset complete and you're able to log in to your new laptop?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you so much

That's great to hear.
Thank you for allowing me to serve you today.
My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Byron
Byron, Computer Support Specialist
Byron
Byron
Byron, Computer Support Specialist