I am unable to get Hangouts to install. It tells me to

I am unable to...

I am unable to get Hangouts to install. It tells me to install plugins, but it does not install

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

Asus, windows 10, chrome browser, ESET anti virus

Technician's Assistant: Which ESET product do you have?

Home

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your ESET software?

I phoned their tech support, to try to bloc the firewall but the Google Hangouts does not show up in my programs/apps.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

I think that is it

1/22/2018
RussellA
RussellA, Information Systems Manager

Have you tried the following steps: https://support.eset.com/kb3284/?ref=yt%2F

RussellA
RussellA, Information Systems Manager
I have contacted eset tech support to allow the hangouts app but the app does not show up on my computer.
What is the total amt this call/fix will cost me?
are we connected?
Hello, how long will it be?
Hello Russell, is this window active?

Hi there, have you tried the above steps?

I have tried this but not successful. That is why I need you to do it. Can you give me a time?

Here is the issue with ESET, it will block me from trying to remotely connect to your device. The very same reason that Google Hangouts isn't working. That's why I posted those step by step instructions. Is there a way you can remove ESET and disable it and try Installing Google Hangouts again? and then installing ESET (if you must) ?

I have uninstalled eset but still no luck with getting hangouts to run.
At the moment, I have no virus protection

Believe it or not, Google released a new update for this yesterday, called Hangouts Meet, which is a replacement app. Can you try that? You can read more about it here: https://www.xda-developers.com/hangouts-meet-tablet-support/

OK can you install it an det this to work
Is there anything you need from me for secure remote assistance? I have a call in 1 hour on Hangouts

I am sorry we have been going back and forth on this for quite some time. Please follow this link from the device you need Google Hangouts on, so I can connect remotely: http://get.teamviewer.com/v12/s60056821

You might be asked for Session code: s60-056-821