I purchased Microsoft Office 365 from Best Buy and installed…

I purchased Microsoft Office...

I purchased Microsoft Office 365 from Best Buy and installed it on my Mac notebook. My notebook crashed, so I bought a new iMac. I am trying to download it on the iMac but every time I put my password ***** it says its the wrong one, to reset it. I have reset it several times....

Technician's Assistant: What apps were you running right before your Mac crashed?

What do you mean?

Technician's Assistant: How much storage do you have left on your Mac? (For Mac OS 10.70 and later, you can check storage through the Apple Menu -> About This Mac -> Storage. For earlier versions, you can do this through Finder.)

This a brand new iMac. It says available, 998.98 GB

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No, just how I can get this Office 365 downloaded so I can use docs for Microsoft. Thanks!

1/21/2018
Byron
Byron, Computer Support Specialist

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

Are you being asked for an Apple/Mac password *****

a password ***** a Microsoft account?

Microsoft

Thank you.

You can download Office 365 from here: www.office.com/myaccount

Sign in with the email address and password ***** used when you initially set up Office 365

on your now out-of-commission Mac.

Click Install and the page will change and you should see install information for your old Mac.

You'll need to click Deactivate to remove the activation for your old computer.

Once that's done you're free to install it on your new machine.

Let me know the result please.

Thanks, ***** ***** try that.

If you need to reset your password ***** the Microsoft account,

please go here: https://account.live.com/password/reset

select I forgot my password ***** click Next

Enter your email address and fill in the characters and click Next.

Select a recovery option.

A 7 digit password ***** will be sent to you either via text message, email or phone call depending on

the recovery option you select.

Fill in any required information and click Send Code.

The page will immediately change, asking you for the code. Do not close that page.

Enter the code when you receive it (you will have 10 minutes before the code expires)

and click Next.

You will then be asked to create a new password, entering it twice.

If successful, you will be told your account has been recovered.

You will now be able to sign in to Microsoft.

Let me know the result please.

I have reset the password ***** it gave me screen, said it is reset, it makes me go back and put my email and new password....it says password ***** *****

Are you able to sign in here: https://account.live.com

No, it says wrong password. I used the last password ***** just changed it to....I am running out of new passwords

Thank you. What is the email address you are using for your Microsoft account?

Thanks. I'm going to try this from my end so please don't try another reset until I get back to you.

I'm having a new code sent to you. Do you want it sent to your Yahoo mail

or

as a text message to your phone number ending in 11?

(if your phone, please let me have the last 4 digits of the number)

Yahoo mail, please.

Done. Please tell me the 7 digit code when you receive it.

Have you received the code yet as they are time sensitive?

I sent it to you through my email. Here it is again,(###) ###-####

Thank you. If you reply to JustAnswer automated email I won't receive them, only things on this page.

Please allow 5 minutes for the password ***** to propagate through the Microsoft system

and then sign in to your Microsoft account using the password: 87alfa88

Okay. Will do
Finally I was able to login to Microsoft. How to I reactivate Office 365 on my new iMac?

Which address did you sign in to. www.office.com/myaccount

or

https://account.live.com ?

Microsoft.com; then used my email and the code you gave me.

Please sign in to your Office 365 account here: www.office.com/myaccount

Once that's done you're free to click Install to put it on your new machine.

Let me know the result please.

Okay I will look at that.

Thank you. Let me know how you go please.

From downloads, it is installing on this new computer. But, it says it will take 23 minutes.....

Hi. Did the Office 365 setup get completed and you're now using Word for your docs?

Byron
Byron, Computer Support Specialist