I have downloaded Avira Speedup Pro, which starts to

I have downloaded Avira...

I have downloaded Avira Speedup Pro, which starts to install, but the process stops before any actual installation takes place. This happened previously, but I could not get any response from Avira as to what might have gone wrong. I was using Avira speedup, but it seems to have been corrupted, as it was showing my hard disc as running at 2%, whereas the program had been working fine.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand, model, and Operating System (OS) of your computer?

HP Presario CQ57, running Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your computer?

The speedup program appear to have been faulty after working for several years, and it kept asking me to install the Pro version. Every time I tried to get the Pro version, I was taken to the renewal screen, so I deleted the Avira Speedup program altogether after the renewal download did not install. I now seem to have the Pro version downloaded, but it will also not install.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I am running Avira antivirus daily, and that is working fine.

1/20/2018
UranIT
UranIT, Network Administrator

Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will try my best to assist you.
Please allow me a minute to review your question and prepare an answer, or I may ask more questions for clarification

May I connect to your computer securely to troubleshoot the issue directly?
Once connected, I can troubleshoot the problem and resolve it right on your screen
If we are unable to resolve the issue, you get 100% money back.

Permission to connect to my p.c. given. Thanks.

sure, just accept offer that comes up

I have already paid $66 (AUS) through paypal. I have had no service yet for that amount, so it should be able to be applied to this time.

Remote Assistance is a Premium Service in addition to chat

I sent a discounted offer

UranIT
UranIT, Network Administrator

ok, for Secure Remote Assistance, you will need to download remote connection software and run it so we can connect..
Here are directions:
Please click on link below to start download, then Open/Save and Run downloaded file, and accept the connection request
LINK --> https://www.898.tv/uranweb

all completed, all paid subscriptions installed and activated on PC

The gentleman who fixed the problem was very patient in searching out the cause, but, despite taking some time, he resolved the issue completely to my satisfaction. I am a former pc support techo, but have not kept up to date with all the technology since retiring, so it was good to have someone on line who has. I would use this service again if I have another problem.