My daughter purchased a Surface Book (serial # 002490670357)

Customer Question
My daughter purchased a...

My daughter purchased a Surface Book (serial # 002490670357) for school and it didn't work for very long. She tried taking it to the University Tech Store and they told her that she needed to send it in to get replaced. How do we go about this?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Surface Book? What have you tried so far?

Of course she's home now on break but I think it's been a couple months. The receipt is dated 6/29/17 but really didn't start using it much until school started in Sept 2017.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/19/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 6 months ago
Michael T

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your issue today. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question

Sounds like the Surface should still be in warranty.. Where did you purchase it from originally?

Tech Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 6 months ago

What you will need to do is click HERE and sign in with your microsoft credentials

You can then start the warranty claim and start the process and they will instruct you on what to do

Once you click my link it will take you straight to sign in page for the warranty