I was going through pages following a story and my computer…

I was going through...

I was going through pages following a story and my computer is making a noise and a recording is telling me to call(###) ###-#### The recording is saying that this is a critical alert from Microsoft and I need to call the number because it could be doing damage to their network. It says if I close the page before calling it may be giving hackers access to credit card details. i called the toll-free number, he told me to push the 4 flag microsoft key and a dialogue box came up with run and he gave me a list of number and letters to type and told me to press OK button. I got nervous and didin't do it and hung up.

Technician's Assistant: What exactly are you having trouble accessing?

I'm not having trouble accessing anything but the noise will not stop and that page will not close. The recording says if I don't call the virus may be giving my credit card numbers out.

Technician's Assistant: What Microsoft model do you have? And the Operating System (OS)?

Where do I find that info

Technician's Assistant: The Computer Technician will be able to walk you through that. How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

Started about 10 minutes. Nothing other than calling the 800 number. Is 1-***-***-**** a legitimate microsoft number to call?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I'm afraid a hacker is getting my info

1/19/2018
Cris
Cris, Support Specialist

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Cris and will be glad to assist you. Let's get started!

Yes message you received is a total scam. Do not call the number and provide any info.

Microsoft does not monitor your PC and they never ever ask you to call them. Close out the screen and if you have antivirus installed run a scan to make sure the message was not because malware or virus.

Let me know if this answers your question or have any further questions. I also can provide remote support if you would like for me to scan your PC. Please take a moment to rate my service and submit at the top.

Did you have any further questions for me?

Cris
Cris, Support Specialist
Is Windows defender my antivirus? I scanned using it and it said i didn't have any threats.

Please use the link below to join the remote session. Click on Agree then download and run/open the file.

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=988e119d-5d0e-4734-8ace-0b185e2ad13d