My MFC J430W has been printing just fine for a couple of…

My MFC J430W has...

My MFC J430W has been printing just fine for a couple of years but suddenly is in fax mode and I can't get out of it. Where did this come from? I never use fax. Just want to print.

Technician's Assistant: Are your device's other functions (printing, copying, scanning, etc.) working fine?

Copying and scanning are working fine

Technician's Assistant: When did this fax issue begin?

A couple of days ago

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes. A dialogue box appears that looks like a telephone key pad

1/19/2018
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer
A few days

OK - to allow me to connect to your PC/MAC, you must install free remote access software.

Please click on this link to the teamviewer website: https://www.teamviewer.com/en/
Click on the "Download Free" box to download and install the software on your computer.
Once installed, reboot your computer.
Upon reboot, open the software from your computer and you will see an ID and Password, please give this to me to connect.
Thanks
Kris

Hello?

Have you installed the remote access software?

I'd###-##-####pass 6621

Can you check it, it is telling me teamvewer is offline with that id

it is downloaded and the dialogue box is on my screen. It is asking for a partner id.

OK can you close it and open it and give me a fresh id and password ***** displays for you?

New password *****

Connected.

Hey Kris, what's happening. Now my printer is not responding at all.

Hi

Got it fixed just need to re-add it.

Let me know when I can do this

Thanks

Kris

Anytime up until noon today. I am moving.

Now?