Could you tell me how to scan a photograph from my new HP…

Customer Question
Could you tell me...

Could you tell me how to scan a photograph from my new HP OfficeJet 4650 printer to my computer so that I may email the photo?

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Gmail, my address is <*****@******.***>

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Gmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Via my mobile phone using the Mobile Hotspot

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

This is my first attempt to scan a photo; I get a message on the printer when I try to connect to the computer (connection is by cable) saying there is no connection or a few other possible problems (which don't seem to be applicable)

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Please accept that I am an 82 yo dinosaur and not too smart....

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
1/18/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Richard, Computer Specialist replied 7 months ago
Richard, Computer Specialist

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Are you using a windows or mac computer and which version?

Please let me know

Thank you

I guess its windows because I know its not a mac

Ok, click start, the windows logo button bottom left then type in MSPAINT and press enter

Then click the down arrow to left then Scan.

Once scanned let me know so we can move to the next stop

I am afraid I don't understand your instructions. Ill get a family member to show me what it is you need me to do and get back to you. Please understand I am 82 and struggling....

I understand, would you like me to connect to your computer and show you how to do this directly?