Team, I switched of my iPhone 10 yesterday and try to start…

I switched of my...

I switched of my iPhone 10 yesterday and try to start again this morning, but after putting the pin in, nothing is happening, what to do to fix it? thanks a lot Klaus

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

Turned off and on again with the same result , able to put the pin in but nothing is happening

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No all good if you can solve this problem

1/18/2018
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your phone. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question."

Have you ever done a back up on itunes with that phone?

When you power it on, does it give you any error when you put in your pin? Or is it just stuck there

when you enter it, not moving forward?

Isaac Franklin
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
just stuck there

Thank you. Give me one moment to send you troubleshooting steps for this to start.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
you need to send your response to fix it to my email***@******.***, can't access the phone

Ok, you cannot get responses here like this? The way you are now?

Please do both of these if necessary. I will send to email too.

1:

Press and hold the Side button and either the Volume buttons until the slide to power off screen appears.
Drag the slider to turn your iPhone X completely off.
After your iPhone turns off, press and hold the Side button again until the Apple logo appears.

2: Here’s how exactly a force restart is done on your iPhone X:

Quickly press and release the Volume Up button.
Then quickly press and release the Volume Down button.
Finally, press and hold the Side button.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
still the same

Have you ever done a back up?

I would try that a couple of more times, but if you didnt do a back up, you will have to reset that phone.

do you have ANY other options to log in other than 'pin'. Is there a 'password *****' you can get to?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no, how do you reset the ihone 10?

How to factory reset your iPhone X (master reset)?

if you never did a back up, you will lose all information)

I would try itunes first as a method listed below to try and back it up first, THEN reset it.

A factory reset erases all information stored on your iPhone and essentially reverts your device back to the way it was when it first came out of the box. All your contents, customized settings and personal information you saved on your iPhone will be deleted. This is why creating a backup is among the key requisites before performing a factory reset. You can backup and reset your iPhone X to iCloud (via iPhone X settings menu) or to iTunes on a Windows PC or Mac computers. Once the backup has been created, you’re all set to start the wiping process.

Follow these steps to factory reset or master reset your iPhone X through the Settings menu:

1. Tap Settings from Home.
  2. Tap General.
  3. Tap Reset.
  4. Select the option to Erase All Content and Settings.
  5. If prompted, enter your passcode to continue.
  6. Tap Erase iPhone to confirm action.

It could take several minutes for your iPhone X to complete the factory reset depending on the number of contents to wipe. After the reset, you can setup your iPhone X again using the iOS Setup Assistant/Wizard during startup from which you may opt to restore from a previous iOS or set up your device as new.

How to reset your iPhone X to factory defaults using iTunes?

Another way to reset your iPhone to factory defaults if the prior method (via Settings menu) is not applicable is using iTunes. In this case, you will need to use a computer (Windows or Mac) with the latest version of operating system and iTunes software installed. Once you have everything ready, follow these steps:

1. Connect your iPhone X to the computer using the supplied USB or Lightning cable.
  2. Open iTunes on the computer and wait for it to recognize your iPhone.
  3. Select your iPhone X from the list of devices in iTunes.
  4. Click the option to backup your iPhone X to iCloud or to iTunes on this computer, if necessary.
  5. Then click the Restore button to reset your device.
  6. If prompted, click Restore again to confirm action.
  7. Wait until iTunes is finished downloading and installing the new software for your iPhone X then set up your device as new.

A factory reset or master reset is a potential solution to major software issues that could not be rectified by a usual restart or force restart on the device. While you lose your iPhone contents, the chance of getting the problem fixed is higher given that everything including bugs and software glitches will be eradicated in the process.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
all of sudden it works, thanks for your help

Perfect! Those resets usually stop all the processes and force it to start.

You have a remote request. I am putting in for a refund and it will come back to you. Only written will

be left.

Have an amazing night!

Franklin

Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin