I have a Systemax PC that is not booting. I have tried

I have a Systemax...

I have a Systemax PC that is not booting. I have tried startup repair as well as system restore. I do not have a backup CD, but it is a genuine windows machine.

Technician's Assistant: Are there any lights on your speaker that are lit or blinking?

Inside the machine?

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried resetting your speaker?

No, I have not

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so

1/17/2018
Donna French
Donna French, Programmer

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am one of the experts here on JustAnswer.com. Please give me a moment to review the details of your issue. Is there anything else you would like me to know before we move forward?

Where did you originally purchase your Systemax PC?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have tried hitting f4 during boot and get to a repair windows option, but that ends me back where I started. The computer will not allow me to boot from a usb drive either.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It was given to me by a friend

Have you tried to boot in safe mode?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No, let me try that
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Won"t boot in safe mode either, get back to either start normally or run startup repair

Some systems have a partition with Windows on it. Can you boot to command prompt? And are you using F8 to get to the menu to select Safe mode, Command prompt, etc. ?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I do have a partition. I can boot to recovery options with a cmd prompt, and yes I am using F8 to get to bios, but F4 to get to other options

Okay, have you been able to find a setup.exe file in that recovery partition or do you need help with the commands?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Would i look in the drive that shows on the recovery tool? If so I can do a dir there, then I'm a bit rusty on the commands

Yes, I'd look there. It's usually drive D:

Once you are to a command prompt, you type the following to change to the D drive: d:

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I can get into the C drive, but there is no setup.exe file there. I tried to look in the drive the System Recovery shows, which is F, but but there is not file there either.

Okay, what model of Systemax PC is it and let me see if I can find specific instructions for your model.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
SYX-P8H61-MLX2

What version of Windows is on it?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
7

Were you given ANY cd's with the system?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
None, and I tried to download from Microsoft using the key from the machine, but it says to contact the manufacturer. I believe they went out of business

Yeah, that's what I'm seeing. And that was my next question - so you DO have a Windows product key?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I do

Okay, let's try a few things before we throw in the towel and contact Microsoft. Power down the system and press Alt + F10 as soon as it boots up. And I'm sure you know this, but keep your eye on the screen for a factory reset keyboard combination.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
WOn't do anything, when booting I held Alt and F10 but it just goes to the repair screen

How long have you had the system?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
There is also a very quick BSOD but it's too fast to see it
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
About 3 years

And when you tried to download from Microsoft, what happened? Do you know whether it was 32 or 64 bit?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It's 64 bit and I got the call the manufacturer error
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I've tried searching for a repair disk, but can only get an ISO onto a flash drive and it won't boot from a usb.

Can you not change the boot order in the BIOS?

Turn off the computer and wait five seconds. When the first screen displays, do one of the following: Immediately press the F10 key if your computer was built in 2006 or later (came with Vista or Windows 7). Press the key once every second until a BIOS Setup utility screen opens.

Or F1 on some systems ..

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Okay I'm in a cmd area that shows edit boot options, shows path, partition, hard disk and then has [ /NOEXECUTE=OPTOUT

Blue screen? If so, that is the BIOS & you will go into Boot Options

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Booto ptions gives me choice of 2 SATA drives and SMI reader

This thing is a headache. If that's so, the only option I really see that isn't a big hassle of chasing whoever will take ownership of the product at this point & offer support (much less free)..is to get that ISO file to a CD or DVD and boot from that to install. That's the only legal response I can offer here. LOL

You might try telling it to boot from the other SATA drive and see but I'm guessing that's an optical CD/DVD drive.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
That's what I was wondering....I spent all day tring to fix this yesterday and since 9AM today. I work from home and go to school for my MBA so I really need to get it fixed. Thank you for your help Donna

I wish we could have found an immediate solution but I have experience with these tech companies once they've been bought out so I think this is your best option. Keep your head up and if you need further assistance please just let me know. Thank you for using JustAnswer.com!

Donna French
Donna French, Programmer
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I got it to read the USB!!! Trying the repair now....Keep your fingers crossed for me

Excellent!!! I'm cooking dinner but please let me know!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Didn't work, in phone with Microsoft getting help

Were you able to get this resolved?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Microsoft was able to help me get it fixed.

Okay, I'm glad to hear that! Please leave me a rating for the help offered here and let me know if I can help with anything else.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I already did give you a rating

OKay, thank you!

Donna French
Donna French
Donna French, Programmer