After the Windows 10 upgrade I am unable to right click,

Hi, after the Windows...

Hi, after the Windows 10 upgrade I am unable to right click, with my mouse, and send a document. I can open a new mail file and attach the document ok. Also I have a program from Team 4 ShareO which shares our calander bookings

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer?

Between the three computers in my office, it shares files via a send and receive system but has ceased to share after the Windows 10 upgrade. Something seems to be blocking the send. Any ideas.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your computer?

Apart from throwing it out the window?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

With my ShareO setup, I have paid for updates and have also bought three new licences to see if this helps, and it doesn't. I don't know what else to do. Everthing was working fine until Windows 10 upgrade.

1/17/2018
David L
David L, Systems Engineer

My name is David.

Configuring the default email program for the computer may resolve the issue. To do that perform the procedure below:

Click the Windows Start button then click the Search box and type Control Panel and press Enter.

In the Control Panel click the Search Control Panel textbox at the top right of the Control Panel window, type Default and then select Default Programs in the list that appears.
On the next screen, click the Associate a File Type or Protocol with a program link.
Next, in the Associate a file type or protocol with a specific program screen, scroll down the list until you find Protocols.
Under Protocols, select MAILTO and then double-click on it and select the email program you prefer and click OK .

Please let me know the result and if you need further assistance.

Do you still need assistance?

Hi David,Busy busy day, followed your instructions however and tried the - choose default apps by protocol - mailto - microsoft outlook.Still not able to send as I first described and my calendars will not share - via my team4 ShareO program.What next?Thank you

You mention this was an upgrade rather than an update - from what operating system was the computer updated to Windows 10?

David L
David L, Systems Engineer
Hi David,Just back in the office after the weekend. It wasn't an upgrade, my mistake, it was an update to Windows 10 version 1709 - quality update for microsoft office outlook 2007. I am still having the problems I mentioned before.Thank youWilma
Any chance you might respond to my query?

My apologies for the delay.

Next, rollback the computer configuration to the build before the update and then configure it not to download the update.

First, Click Start > Settings > Update & security. Click the link for Advanced options. Then check the box marked Defer Feature Updates.

Next, select the Start button then Settings then Network & Internet.

Next, click on Wi-Fi and click the network connection you are using and then enable the Metered connection switch.

Next, click the Start button then the Settings link, then Update and Security and then click Recovery settings. Under the Go Back to an Earlier Build section click Get Started.

Follow the prompts and make sure not to select to install new updates. Once the rollback completes and the computer reboots, test to confirm the issues are resolved.

Have no box - Defer Feature Updates
I have no box to tick called Defer Feature Updates

That is okay and is also the reason I included the instructions to enable the Metered Connection setting - because not all versions of Windows 10 will have the Defer Feature Updates setting unfortunately. However, enabling the Metered Connection setting should effectively defer updates.

Were you able to complete the rest of the procedure?

will try now
not having any luck
Not having any luck finding the go back to an earlier build

Ok, just a moment...

How long ago was the 1709 update installed?

Mid December 2017

Ok, then the rollback option will not be available - it times out after 10 days.

Do you have a full backup that was performed prior to the 1709 update?

Oh no, we don't have any backups! Isn't there a fix for this problem at all?

Yes, there is a fix which is performing a custom install which will downgrade to the previous version of Windows 10.

Since that option is more involved, you may want to continue exploring other options.

Are the other computers in the office identical to this one (same hardware, operating system and applications)?

they are

Ok, good. Then another option would be to backup any files specific to the computer that is having problems and confirm you have the licensing information for all the programs installed on that computer, then make copy of the operating system image on one of the other computers and copy it to problem computer. Since the other computers are not having problems, once the copy is completed the computer should work like the others.

All of the computers are having this problem, I think I will get a local tech to come in and fix this problem next week when I'm back in the office. Thank you for your help.

I understand. Another option would be to uninstall, reboot, then reinstall the ShareO software. If that works then the only remaining issue would be the right click to send email feature for which there are specific solutions. Would you be willing to try the uninstall, reinstall of ShareO on one computer to see if that works?

David L
David L
David L, Systems Engineer