Cannot access emails on as are asked for username and

Cannot access emails on***@******.***...

Cannot access emails on***@******.*** as are asked for username and password ***** we have never had to put in before and so do not know what to give.

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your email account on any other devices?

No

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

Can't remember

how can we get the expert anser by email if we cannot access emails
1/17/2018
John, Computer Support Specialist

Hello and welcome to Justanswer.com site. My name is ***** ***** I will try my best to help you.

thank you - we need to access these emails and have never before needed a username or password. why now?

Are you accessing your optus email using a email application or web browser like Chrome,Firefox ?

Are you using a windows or mac computer ?

Thank you

Note: - Use the reply box just below type the reply in it and click on send.

Windows

For any email account you need a login name (which is your email address) and password.If you selected to save the password ***** the browser then it wont ask for password ***** if the browser cookies got erased then it will ask to enter the user name and password.

Do you know your optus my account password ?

have tried with***@******.*** as username as in past but have no idea what password ***** be

OK can you open this link https://www.optus.com.au/my-account-login and then select forgot your user name or password

Then you will get a pop up box and in that enter your email address and date of birth then proceed with password ***** process.

If you have any trouble doing so let me know and i can remote access to your computer and assist you.

Were you able to do the above ?

no - tried with username and also with account no, mobile no. home no - no success, keeps saying to enter valid username and password

In that case may I remote access to your PC and check the issue you are facing directly. It’s secure and also you can see what all I am doing in the PC. Let me know so that I can give you the link to do that.

can't get any further - with not send temporary password
is this going to cost $55?

That is the default charge for remote support but if you want i can send a very lower offer and you only need to pay that remote support fee once the issue had been solved.

Let me know.

it seems there is no choice if we want the problem fixed is there - go ahead

I will send you the remote support link in a moment.

To do remote support please click on this link http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=cdf2f28a-0523-4661-acd6-3b0cda502d90 that will open remote desktop session page in that page click on I Agree, then you will get Elisnore Screen Connect Client download and run it. If it asks for User Account Control click on Yes that will allow me to connect once I am connected to your PC I will post a message using the remote chat screen. If you have any trouble connecting please let me know. Do not close this Chat/Q&A page.

changed mind - have to leave it for now - want to exit chat

OK i will cancel remote support link.

If you want to continue later please bookmark this page.

Checking to see whether you still need help.

Use the reply box just below type the reply in it and click on send.

Thank you.

Now Thursday 19th and have finally discovered password ***** in by person who changed system in October - don't know why it has taken until now for Optus to ask for the username and password, but thank you for your efforts yesterday - much appreciated.

Glad to know that.

If you do not have any further questions please rate me using the rating options (stars) on the top of this page, select the rating and click on submit. If you need any help in the future please use this link to ask for me http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-john/

Sincerely,

John, Computer Support Specialist