I don't know I've done something or clicked onto some thing…

Customer Question
I don't know I've...

I don't know I've done something or clicked onto some thing that's upset every thing it's an iPad I've tried putting my pass word in the old one but it's saying it's wrong it's the only one I've used for face book an you help please can I see my old pass word to see what I'm doing wrong be gratefull if you can leila

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I don't think I have some of my family may have

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

I've tried but it's saying my current pass word is wrong

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I can't think of any thing only I'm a silly old thing that doesn't understand these things thank you

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
1/16/2018
Tech Support Specialist: RussellA, Information Systems Manager replied 4 months ago
RussellA
RussellA, Information Systems Manager

If you can't remember your ipad password, then the next step is to Factory Reset your ipad. Meaning that it will erase all items, and be as if it was just purchased. If you had some apps, you would need to re-install them, and go through the entire setup from scratch again.

Restore your device to factory settings

1. Open iTunes on your Mac or PC. If you can't access a computer and your device still works, you can erase and restore your device without a computer.
  2. Connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to your computer with the cable that came with your device.
  3. If a message asks for your device passcode or to Trust This Computer, follow the onscreen steps. If you forgot your passcode, get help.
  4. Select your iPhone, iPad, or iPod when it appears in iTunes. For an unresponsive device or one that won't turn on, learn what to do. Or get help if your device doesn't appear in iTunes.
  5. In the Summary panel, click Restore [device].
  6. Click Restore again to confirm. Then iTunes erases your device and installs the latest iOS or iPod software.
  7. After your device restores to factory settings, it restarts. Now you can set it up as new.
RussellA
RussellA
RussellA, Information Systems Manager