I have been having problems with my computer not charging…

Hi, I have been...

Hi, I have been having problems with my computer not charging when i's plugged into my charger. It will work sometimes, but I haven't found a position it will consistently charge, it is very inconsistent.

Technician's Assistant: What computer or device isn't charging?

It is the lenovo yoga 900

Technician's Assistant: What Lenovo model do you have? And the Operating System (OS)?

Model is 80mk and 64 bit windows 10 and the OS build is 16299.192 I hope that's what you need

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

It's been going on since September or October, I have tried blowing air into the different connection points and sometimes that helps, but if the cord or the computer moves then it will disconnect and not always re-connect. I also have two chargers and have tried things with both of them but it s still presenting a problem

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

My computer has been dropped 2 or 3 times and may have an effect, but everything else still functions properly

1/16/2018
Dan, Computer Support Specialist

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, I look forward to assisting you today. If your computer has been dropped, then it has most likely sustained some damage to the main circuit board where the power adapter connects. It can be repaired, but may not be worth the dollars depending on the age and what you originally paid for it.

Is there a way to help the connection with out spending a lot of money? because it will charge if it connects but it's very touchy.
I don't have enough money in my bank account for the extra fee right now, is there a way to re enter this at a later date without paying the other fees again?

Probably not. You would need to open the case to access the circuit board. If you were experienced in electronics then you might be able to repair it yourself.

You may disregard the Premium Service Offer for Remote Support. That is an automated popup initiated by the web site.

Ok, thank you very much, I have a few friends that might be able to help out.

Try finding the right position for the power supply connector and tape the wire to the side of the laptop to hold it in place. That might do it?

Dan, Computer Support Specialist