It tells me I do not have enough credit to call. I updated…

Customer Question
It tells me I...

It tells me I do not have enough credit to call. I updated my credit card, paid the $6.99 it asked for, it said the transaction was completed, and then when I try to call the Skype number again, it still says I have insufficient credit

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update Skype?

I paid the money via credit card 5 minutes ago

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Skype?

To call my sister on her Skype number in Burlington ont at(###) ###-#### I have followed all the instructions on the pop-ups re searching contacts, updating my credit card, etc. Don’t know what else to do. I am just going around in circles. I am in Mexico now. Is that the problem? It said my phone number could not be verified (Canadian(###) ###-#### but that is the number that came up on my profile along with my Canadian address when I updated my credit card. HELP

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

That I am frustrated?!

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
1/15/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 4 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

Do I have a Skype tech support person, or this ‘my answer’ tech support for $45.00 a month? I only want Skype support to make a phone call from Mexico to Canada via Skype. To whom would I be ‘securely connected’ if I tap on that blue button?

If you tap that button I will connect to your PC

And resolve this

Not at the moment, thanks. We will try to resolve the problem at the mac store.

OK - to allow me to connect to your PC/MAC, you must install free remote access software.

Please click on this link to the teamviewer website: https://www.teamviewer.com/en/
Click on the "Download Free" box to download and install the software on your computer.
Once installed, reboot your computer.
Upon reboot, open the software from your computer and you will see an ID and Password, please give this to me to connect.
Thanks
Kris

if I download this free app, then I am not charged MX$656 for you to remotely access my iPad? Does Skype pay you then? I am uneasy as I do not understand how I got to you through the Skype website.

You only pay the original question cost of 640.

thanks again, but no, we will try something else. Good bye Kris.

What about the money you have paid already?

As far as I know, and hope, I have only paid $6.99 Cdn to use Skype.
Have I already been charged MX$656? I never authorized that. Please reassure me that I have not been charged by justanswer

We are not a free service and this is the costs displayed clearly when you open a question.

I did not submit the questions, the Skype support person did. I never clicked on that box to authorize remote access which is where the cost of MX$656 was “clearly” displayed! What is going on?

The charge is not for that. You get charged for the question. The charge is for the question.

I will have to take this up with Skype. They put me onto your web site and transferred my questions to them over to you. We have Geek Squad support and do not want another tech support service. Skype should have been able to answer my question, not transferred me over to you.

The service is not $5.00 and you have been charged more than that.
I cannot handle payment issues as I am an end user to the site like you please call 1(###) ###-####and speak to the billing team and once you're happy, let me know and we can continue.
Regards
Kris

Andy, Computer Consultant