My modem is not working, this has happened before and your…

Customer Question
Hello, my modem is...

Hello, my modem is not working, this has happened before and your colleague walked me through resetting it which I have just done but now it will not even turn on....

Technician's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Model number is ***** v3

Technician's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Where do I find the serial? Is that the wireless key?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just resetting it and making sure everything is plugged in properly

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
1/14/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Donna French, Programmer replied 7 months ago
Donna French
Donna French, Programmer

Hi there, my name is ***** ***** I am one of the experts here on JustAnswer.com. Please give me a minute to review the details of your issue. Is there any other info that you’d like me to know before we move forward?

Please follow the steps below to reset your modem:

• unplug the power source from the modem
  • unplug the coax cable from the modem
  • leave unplugged from both for 5 minutes
  • plug the coax cable back into the modem
  • plug the power source back into the modem
  • try again to connect

Please let me know the results of the steps above. If you have a router also connected there may be additional steps we need to complete.