Here. I just purchased a Lenovo Yoga 310 to compliment my…

Customer Question
Hi, Kevin here....

Hi, Kevin here. I just purchased a Lenovo Yoga 310 to compliment my Lenovo All in One desk top machine. On the Yoga the @ key does not work when you press Shift 2. It merely gives you a " sign. Any suggestions - I have it here beside me now.

Technician's Assistant: What Lenovo model do you have? And the Operating System (OS)?

Lenovo Ideas Centre using Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Lenovo? What have you tried so far?

I have only just set up the Yoga, but am having difficulties registering the product because I cannot input my email address because of the apparently faulty @ key on the Yoga

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Outlook

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Outlook? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Web Browser on this machine. I want to do the same on the Yoga 310 but cant load the latest edition of Office (none on the Yoga - not even a trial version)

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

I am happy if the Techs wish to take over the Yoga to see the problem

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
1/14/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Moses C, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 7 months ago
Moses C
Moses C, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer support, thank you for utilizing our service.
I will be assisting you with the query and question you have with us.

How old is the Yoga and have you installed any driver software or update any app?

Brand new - received as a late Christmas present. All other functions are working fine except the @ key. Hence I cannot register as I cannot complete my email address. I am using my Lenovo Ideas Centre All in One with my Yoga beside me. It surprized my that I am being charged for what should be a warranty repair.

is it with windows 10?

both computers are using Windows 10

can you open up device manager from the windows menu by doing a right click on it and open device manager.

click on the > next to keyboard and double click keyboard and let me know what it says.

OK - I am in device Manager. Keyboards - "Standard PS/2 Keyboard"

right click on it and do an uninstall

Uninstall underway. Computer doing a Restart.

let it restart once its back let me know if the keyboard keys responds fine

No. Same issue. When I press Shift2 I get" instead of @

did you try both the shift keys and press 2

open notepad and they try?

I just did. Both Shift Keys on the Yogi Notepad produced " when I pressed Shift2
As you cannot solve the issue please refund the deposit. I will now go to an outside provider for assistance