I want to put an SSD drive inside my Asus AIO ET2230 and…

Customer Question
I want to put...

I want to put an SSD drive inside my Asus AIO ET2230 and replace the hard disk. How do I open it up?

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your AIO?

Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your AIO?

I haven’t found any instructions online. There are no screws in the corners like some of the other models

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

There must be a way to pop open the back

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
1/13/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Jeffrey B,
 replied 7 months ago
Jeffrey B

Hello, my name is***** will be assisting you today. Lets get started!

I am so sorry for the extended waiting time, do you still need assistance with this issue? Kind regards,Jeffrey
Tech Support Specialist: Jeffrey B,
 replied 7 months ago

Do you still need asistance regarding this problem?

Waiting for your reply,

Kind regards,

Jeff

I need help opening up my computer so I can replace the hard disk with an SSD drive, connecting to my computer won't help.
Tech Support Specialist: Jeffrey B,
 replied 7 months ago

I understand.

These are generated by the website.

Have you tried going through this video how to open a Asus?

Link:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rynw-n65mY0

Please let me know how this goes.

The video shows screws in each of the corners on the back. My model looks exactly the same, but there are no screws in the corner. The model is ET2230
Tech Support Specialist: Jeffrey B,
 replied 7 months ago

Understood.

Please let me look into this.

Kind regards,

Jeff

Tech Support Specialist: Jeffrey B,
 replied 7 months ago

Is there a small pin on the lower side of the Asus? So small we need a needle to push this in?

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

I laid the ASUS face down and noticed two things: 1. A lock symbol to the left of the word ASUS (below the windows sticker) with a hole to the left of the lock symbol. (see picture). 2. Halfway between the buttons on the bottom and the stand there is a little slot along the edge (see zoomed pic)
Tech Support Specialist: Jeffrey B,
 replied 7 months ago

Understood Robert,

I am referring too this picture

Link:https://i.ytimg.com/vi/oZLViYTn7Jo/maxresdefault.jpg

Please let me know how this goes.

Kind regards,

Jeff

No, mine doesn't look 100% like this and I don't see any tiny hole anywhere along any of the 4 edges. There are two tiny pinholes on the front on either side of the camera lens on top.
Tech Support Specialist: Jeffrey B,
 replied 7 months ago

Understood.

Please let me look further into this.

Kind regards,

Jeff

Tech Support Specialist: Jeffrey B,
 replied 7 months ago

Did you already managed to get the cover off of the Asus computer?

Kind regards,

Jeff

no, I'm afraid to try to separate the front by wedging the edge with a screwdriver. There must be instructions somewhere. If have found forum where they ask about the same thing , but there was no answer. Mine looks exactly like the one in one of the Youtube videos https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MctmOvfmFV4 . However mine is missing the screws in each of the four corners. I'm also looking at this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U06F4trdXC4 but that looks beyond what I want to do.
Tech Support Specialist: Jeffrey B,
 replied 7 months ago

Understood Robert,

I am looking into your Youtube video's

Kind regards,

Jeff

Tech Support Specialist: Jeffrey B,
 replied 7 months ago

What is the serial number of the Asus?

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

E6PTTS003169
Tech Support Specialist: Jeffrey B,
 replied 7 months ago

Great!

I am looking into this.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

ANY NEW DEVELOPMENTS?
Tech Support Specialist: Jeffrey B,
 replied 6 months ago

Yes, I am contacting Asus support, but they forwared me to licensed Asus technician.

He has not come back to me yet.

I am following this up again.

Kind regards,

Jeff

ok, there is no rush. I had it as a New years resolution. My other idea is to copy it to an external SSD, then erase the hard disc and bring it into Geek Squad where I have unlimited labor credit for a year. Maybe they can open it up for me. Then I can install the SSD. (not sure if I can figure out how to close it again)
Tech Support Specialist: Jeffrey B,
 replied 6 months ago

Understood.

I think the Asus technician will send a manual to do this. I am contacting them now.

If you have this service, it also is a great option.

Kind regards,

Jeff