My kindle keeps shutting off for a second and then comes…

Customer Question
My kindle keeps shutting...

My kindle keeps shutting off for a second and then comes back on. Any way to fix

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

Really just started and I didn't know what to try

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

That's it

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
1/13/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist

Hi ,

My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

I will be glad to assist you with this.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible!

This is usually caused by a glitch in the firmware and can be resolved by a forced reboot, then your kindle will work normally again. Press and hold the power switch for a full 40 seconds, even after the screen goes black, then release.Then press the power button to restart if the device does not start up again on its own. Then try connecting to WiFi and sign in with your Amazon account info.

did that work for you?