All the sudden my gmail account goes in and out. It stays in

the status under account settings...
All the sudden my gmail account goes in and out. It stays in the status under account settings that it is offline, but I do receive emails.
JA: How do you usually access Gmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: On my iMac and mac book pro. Bot have the latest High Sierra now and both have the same problem. I access my emails through the Mail program from apple
JA: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thank you
1/12/2018
RussellA
RussellA, Information Systems Manager

If you can’t send or receive email on your Mac

Follow these steps if the Mail app on your Mac suddenly doesn't send or receive email.

If your Mac is connected to the Internet, but Mail no longer sends or receives email messages, the issue could be with the provider of your email service. Or you could have missing or outdated settings in the Accounts section of Mail preferences (Mail > Preferences).

If Mail refers to a problem with the mail server or network

Mail might say that it’s unable to connect because of a problem with the mail server or network. For example, the message might refer to a connection that timed out, or too many simultaneous connections:

If you're connected to the Internet but the connection timed out, your email provider could be experiencing a service outage. Contact them for help, or check their website for a system status page. Apple's system status page shows the status of iCloud Mail and other services. Status pages are also available for Gmail and Outlook, for example.

If the message refers to the number of simultaneous connections, too many of your devices are checking your email account at the same time. Quit Mail on one or more of your other devices.

If Mail keeps asking for your email password

Learn what to do if Mail repeatedly asks for the password ***** your email account.

If Mail says that your account appears to be offline

Mail might say that your account appears to be offline due to a network problem.

If you're connected to the Internet but your account appears to be offline, your email settings might no longer be correct. To view your current settings in Mail, choose Preferences from the Mail menu, click Accounts, then select your email account.

Your Mac automatically uses the correct account settings for many email providers. You can use Mail Settings Lookup to view those settings, or get the settings directly from your email provider. Then compare them to the settings you see in Mail preferences.

If email doesn't arrive as soon as you expect

Incoming or outgoing email might take longer to arrive than you expect, or it might arrive on one device before arriving on another device.

Email delivery is scheduled by your email provider, and delivery time could also be affected by your Internet provider. If you often experience significant email delays, contact your email provider or Internet provider. If the delays occur only when communicating with a particular person, that person may need to contact their email provider or Internet provider.

If you still can’t send or receive email

1. Make sure that you installed the latest Mac software updates, especially if the issue occured immediately after installing a previous update.
  2. In OS X El Capitan or later, you might see a status icon and brief error message in the upper-right corner of the Mail window, beneath the Search field. The message might say “Network Offline” or “Login Failed,” for example. Click the message to see more details about the issue.
  3. Check your connection in Mail Connection Doctor. It might be able to tell you more about the issue.

I take pride in providing quick solutions to your issues. If you are satisfied with my answer please mark this as answered, and leave me a rating and feedback. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to open another query directly with me.

Customer reply replied 12 days ago
This is all not the answer. I tried all of it already. As I mentioned it is in and out, but my other gmail account works perfectly. it is not the internet connection. I have the latest upgrades.
Customer reply replied 12 days ago
How much did I pay already for your service above?

Those were my preliminary suggestions, so you can self service your issue. For the next step I can remotely connect into your machine to check the settings and fix the issue.

In regards ***** ***** much you have already paid JustAnswer, I am not sure, the price should be stated on your side. I can't see that fee.

Customer reply replied 12 days ago
I already paid 53 Dollars and that is all I get or now? Very unsatisfying to be honest. No solution was provided to my problem

Can I log into your computer and take a look?

Customer reply replied 12 days ago
I asked already. That means I will pay 53 plus another 50? That is far to much. Pease let me know what I have been charged already and what my options are now since this is super frustrating

No worries, skip the additional $50 let me get you squared away.

Please download the following software to start the remote control tool TeamViewer Quicksupport:

Session code: s79-230-562

http://get.teamviewer.com/v12/s79230562

Customer reply replied 12 days ago
I received a code to tell you. 502 915 589
Customer reply replied 12 days ago
I have downloaded team viewer but nothing is happening. It says I am connected
Customer reply replied 12 days ago
Hello?

Yes, please try again, as it is not letting me in.

its asking for a 4 digit password *****

Customer reply replied 11 days ago
7995

Please don't forget to give me a rating.

Customer reply replied 11 days ago
I just saw my problem was not solved. it was ok while you were sharing my screen, but it; snows not working again!

Can you shut down you iMac and do this at boot up

Locate the following keys on the keyboard: Command (⌘), Option, P, and R. Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys immediately after you hear the startup sound. Hold these keys until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for a second time.

Customer reply replied 11 days ago
What will happen?

It will clear cache memory, also known as NVRAM. If there is anything corrupt causing issues, it might clean them off. Other than that, everything will stay in tact.

Customer reply replied 11 days ago
ok, I will leave you alone now. It didn't; solve it. Maybe it;'s reared got my gmail account but I thought maybe I can delete the account and then reload it, but was worried since it is my iCloud connection email.
Customer reply replied 11 days ago
I meant related - sorry.My spelling is all over the place today

No worries at all. Please find me again if you ever need anything.

Customer reply replied 11 days ago
Thank you for your help. How would I find you again?

you can find me on my domain RussellA.com it will direct you right to my profile page here on JustAnswer.com ;)

RussellA
RussellA, Information Systems Manager
Customer reply replied 11 days ago
ok, sounds good. Take care
RussellA
RussellA
RussellA, Information Systems Manager