I have not used my tablet since about mid November during…

I have not used...

I have not used my tablet since about mid November during that time it has been completely off.

Technician's Assistant: What's the model of your device? How old is it?

I hae just turned it back on and now instead of a single swipe across the padlock on the screen it has 9 dots and I have to know the sequence to unlock it. I never set this up so I have no idea and yesterday I tried 150 combinations to no avail. I then went to plan B FORGOT SEQUENCE. but the tablet will not recognise my email address I only have 1 or my password????????????????

1/11/2018
RussellA
RussellA, Information Systems Manager

Well, there is only one way to get to that tablet. You will need to factory reset it. Meaning it will be as if you got it when you first purchased it, everything erased on it. If you don't mind that, here are the steps:

1. Make sure tablet is powered off.
  2. Hold down Volume + button and Power button at same time.
  3. When screen comes on let go of Power button.
  4. When the large Android shows on screen let go of Volume + button.
  5. Use Volume – button to scroll to Wipe Data/ Factory Reset.

I take pride in providing quick solutions to your issues. If you are satisfied with my answer please mark this as answered, and leave me a rating and feedback. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to open another query directly with me.

RussellA
RussellA, Information Systems Manager
My daughter rang me with info and I was trying to get on the Acer site when this window appeasred I thought it was Part of Acer.until I was faced with the options of signing up long term??? I only wanted 1 answer I did not realize I was on a different web page. I quickly turned off the page as I had no intention of signing up to "Just answer" long term as I would not use it. I clicked back and then went through the acer free site.
Thankyou for your time but I made a mistake and by the time I got your answer I followed Acer's instructions which were the same as yours. Thanks anyway, Jean (this was an expensive mistake)

It was my pleasure to assist you!