I can't get into my yahoo email. I sign in and get a message…

I can't get into...

I can't get into my yahoo email. I sign in and get a message that says "we've noticed some unusual account activity but I don't know how to clarify and resolve this to get my e-mail. It tells me to email a code but the address they give is not my att.net address. Help, I really need my a-mail

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your Yahoo account on any other devices?

Yes, iPhone and laptop MacBook

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

No clue. I reset my att.net password ***** can't get past this message on my iphone or ipad

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Just help me get into my mail and get this "unusual account activity" message to go away to let me in to my email. No idea what they mean my unusual account activity

1/11/2018
RussellA
RussellA, Information Systems Manager

The account recovery process is completely automated. Yahoo determines you are the rightful owner of the account by sending the account key code message to the verified phone number or email address entered on the Account Security page for this account. If this information is outdated, was entered incorrectly, or was never set up then it's unlikely you will be able to recover this account.

Start by going through the Sign-in helper mentioned in the following article from a laptop or a desktop.

Problems signing in to your Yahoo account -
https://help.yahoo.com/kb/learn-fix-problems-password-yahoo-sln2051.html

When you go through the account recovery process and you see account recovery options that are no longer available you need to choose "I don't have access to this phone" or "I don't have access to this email" to see what other account recovery options are available. If you get the "Uh oh" message saying the account can't be recovered online you can try the following but it's unlikely you will be able to recover this account.

Start here at Help for Yahoo Account - https://help.yahoo.com/kb/account
Scroll down the page until you see a "Contact Us" button.
Click on this to open a page that says "Need assistance with a Yahoo product? Let's see how we can help.".
Under "Tell us your Yahoo email address and product." you select the product you want help with. In this case it would be "Account".
Enter your email address and check "I'm not a robot". You may be sent to another CAPTCHA page for additional proof.
Click the "Get started" button
This opens the "CHOOSE SUPPORT OPTION" page.
Under "Select from these options" you will find all the support options available to address this issue.

I take pride in providing quick solutions to your issues. If you are satisfied with my answer please mark this as answered, and leave me a rating and feedback. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to open another query directly with me.

RussellA
RussellA, Information Systems Manager
I am totally confused. I'm elderly and don't understand all the things in that long article. Did you use my credit card to pay for help? All I want is to get into my e-mail and don't understand why it says there is unusual activity and so I can't get my e-mail.
I'm so distressed, I don't understand the things you're saying I need to do to get into my yahoo e-mail, and don't understand why it won't let me in. I'm ready to give up, have not understood any of the things you've written

For me to connect to your computer, you need to follow this link, and download the required app: http://get.teamviewer.com/v12/s11941016