Windows 10 pc wont boot

Customer Question
windows 10 pc wont boot
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Computer
1/9/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Mr.Med, Computer Enthusiast replied 6 months ago
Mr.Med
Mr.Med, Computer Enthusiast

Hi, I'm Mr.med. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Please boot into safe mode (click here for steps) and do a System Restore of your Windows 10 os by following the steps below :

1-Boot to advanced startup options, Click/tap on Troubleshoot.

2-Click/tap on Advanced options. then Click/tap on System Restore

3-If prompted, click/tap on an administrator account.

4-click/tap on Next

5-Choose a different restore point, and click/tap on Next.

6-You should use the restore point with a date when you still don't have this issue

Let me know the results

Thank you

I was trying to do a backup to a new usb external backup drive when problem happened. I pllugged drive into usb port , my pc wouldnt see drive. I tried to eject said drive was busy. So i shut down pc. problem ever since. I am getting inaccessable boot device. i also had an error of oxc000000f. It will not go into safe more. There is no restore point even after i had set one. I ran chkdsk and sfc scannow. Everything looks good, just wont boot. i would like to save this drive. I am talking to you thru my laptop. i dont have email setup on this.

Please try to disconnect all external devices and then turn on the computer

If the problem persits, Restart your computer, As soon as you see the Windows booting screen, click Restart button again to force system show Boot options. Select Troubleshoot and then Advanced Options. In the Advanced Options screen, opt for Command Prompt, and type cmd to open Run dialogue.

When the Run dialogue box of the Command Prompt window opens, type the following commands and hit Enter after each of them:

bootrec.exe /fixboot
bootrec.exe /rebuildbcd
bootrec.exe /fixmbr

As soon as all three commands are executed, restart your PC.

Let me know the results please

Thank you

Please Opt out
Tech Support Specialist: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 6 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Would you like to boot into a temp environment to pull the files and then reformat?

because i wasnt able to boot I reset the pc. The problem i have now is unable to get my email working. We will have to communicate here I don,t have any email at this time.
i dont wish to have someone connect to my computer
hello

Do you just want mnaul teps to folow?