I have installed Norton on this laptop no problem but I have…

Customer Question
Hi Pearl. I have...

Hi Pearl. I have installed Norton on this laptop no problem but I have tried to install it on my second laptop and have a problem. It installed and ran a short scan and told me it encountered an error 8504,104 and that it had a Misleading Application problem and I should open the support website but I am unable to from that laptop so am using the one where it installed and is running well. What can I do to remove the Misleading app...I was hoping to use the Power eraser but I cant get to it on the second laptop. Hope this makes sense.

Technician's Assistant: When could you last open your software?

The full scan was running overnight so it was running about 14 hours ago

Technician's Assistant: Did you recently update your software or Operating System (OS)?

I have not used this laptop regularly for several months and am not sure whether it has been updating software but I know I had a problem yesterday opeing Outlook

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

Not sure what you might mean

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
1/9/2018
Tech Support Specialist: PC_Wizzard, Computer Enthusiast replied 7 months ago
PC_Wizzard
PC_Wizzard, Computer Enthusiast

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Did you use the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool yet?

I cannot open the norton software
  1. Download the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool.

Save the file to the Windows desktop. On some browsers, the file is automatically saved to its default location.

2. To open the Downloads window in your browser, press the Ctrl + J key.

3. Double-click the NRnR icon.

4. Read the license agreement, and click Agree.

5. Click Advanced Options.

6. Click Remove Only.

7. Click Remove.

8. Click Restart Now.

After the computer restarts, follow the on-screen instructions to reinstall Norton.

You can download it on your PC and then transfer the file over to the other PC with a memory stick.

Hi, I'm Just following up if it worked for you?