I have a new HP computer and I prefer Firefox. Microsoft is…

Customer Question
I have a new...

I have a new HP computer and I prefer Firefox. Microsoft is doing something that is blocking and don't tell me don't. Firewall has exception and as you can see I have internet access. I want this fix immediately. It is unethical.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your computer or device?

Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update your Firefox?

Just installed yesterday and it worked until I made it my default

Technician's Assistant: Happy to help. Want a weekly JustAnswer email to help with other issues? If so, what's your email address? And if you'd still like to talk to the Software Expert, I'll connect you shortly.

Customer:***@******.***

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

IS there any way I can turn off some of the start up programs it is slow as mud starting

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Computer
1/9/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Chris L., Support Specialist replied 6 months ago
Chris L., Support Specialist

Hello my name is ***** ***** certified computer professional with over 10 years experience. I will be happy to help you. What do you mean when you say that microsoft is blocking firefox?

It has to be being blocked with IE working fine. Msft has bad reputation and it happened after I made firefox my default

What happens when you open firefox?

Why are you trying to switch me for more charges instead of answering my question on what is wrong?
That enforces that Msft Is blocking
That is a long time for solutions. I guess it is because I wont take the extra cost service
Tech Support Specialist: Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 6 months ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** i will try to help you with your issue. However, you have not stated but one of 2 issues.

I can certainly help you cut down those start up programs and speed up your pc for windows 10.

What is being blocked by microsoft and 'how'? Where are you going and what message are you getting?

Also, we need to see what antiviruses you are running. If you click on some sites, it puts in mcafee, norton,

adblock etc and you wont realize it. That is usually a serious issue that pertains to 'blocking' of material.

You do not have to pay more money for the remote service is you dont want to. Your other expert opted out.

Which is why you have not got an answer until 'now' with me.

I understand you are frustrated, and i can help you, but i need you to try to talk to me back and forth to figure

out exactly what is wrong.