Cannot sign in with current password. My email account. I…

Customer Question
Cannot sign in with...

Cannot sign in with current password.

Technician's Assistant: What exactly are you having trouble accessing?

My email account

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your email account on any other devices?

No

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

I have tried them. and received a code from Yahoo but the access code does not work either.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes. I have a new phone number(###) ###-####. and want to change the email address for assistance.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
1/9/2018
Tech Support Specialist: RussellA, Information Systems Manager replied 7 months ago
RussellA
RussellA, Information Systems Manager

Have you tried this?

Your Yahoo password ***** you access to every Yahoo service you use. It's always a good idea to update your password ***** and to make sure it's unique from other passwords you use. If you've forgotten your password, you can reset it for a fresh start.

Change your password

Change your password ***** a web browser

You can use a web browser on your computer or mobile device.

1. Go to the Yahoo Account security page.
  2. Click Change password.
  3. Enter and confirm your new password.
  4. Click Continue.

Change your password ***** a Yahoo app

Most (not all) Yahoo apps let you change your password ***** within the app. If you don't see these settings, you can still use your web browser and the steps in the previous section..

1. Tap the Menu icon .
  2. If using the Yahoo Mail app, tap Manage Accounts.
  3. Tap Account info.
  4. Tap Security settings.
  5. Enter your security code.
  6. Tap Change password.
  7. Tap I would rather change my password.
  8. Enter the new password ***** its confirmation and tap Continue.

Reset a forgotten password

When you reset a forgotten password, you need to verify that you're the account owner first. Our system determines which verification methods are best based on where you're signing in from and the recovery info you've provided in your account. Options can include anything from getting an Account Key sent to your mobile phone number or email address to verifying something you've entered in your account, like contacts from your address book.

Reset your password: Use our Sign-in Helper to get back in to your account, then you should change your password.

no thank you. just resolved my issue myself

So please close this ticket