I have this reoccurring "pop-up" on my screen that is

Customer Question
I have this reoccurring...

I have this reoccurring "pop-up" on my screen that is telling me my drivers are out of date. They say they are a Microsoft partner. There name is***** It was also in my programs, so I went to my Control Panel and deleted it. I set up an account with you back in September. Is this a Microsoft company ????

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand, model, and Operating System (OS) of your computer?

It is a Dell computer, not sure the model No., My Operating System is is Windows 10.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your computer?

I just deleted the program in the control panel, but I see it is also on my desk top.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Computer
1/9/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Shefin, Computer Support Specialist replied 6 months ago
Shefin, Computer Support Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

These messages are usually presented in pop-up windows or messages in the notifications area at the bottom-right corner of the screen. Regardless of how these messages show up, they are all scams.

The scam notices typically say that your computer’s hardware drivers are out of date, which could lead to serious problems unless they are updated. Then they ask you to pay a fee in order to download and install the updated drivers.

While it’s true that keeping your computer’s hardware drivers can help keep your system running smoothly, those updates are completely free. If you’re having issues with a particular piece of hardware (the video adapter or network adapter for instance), you can check the support section of the manufacturer’s website to make sure you have the latest driver for that device installed.

Note: You should never have to pay to update your computer’s hardware drivers. If a new version of a driver exists, you can download and install it for free.

Cybercriminals pretending to work for Microsoft, Geek Squad, or any other nationally-recognized tech company call their intended victims, claim they’ve scanned their computers remotely and found viruses on them. Relying on computer users’ fear of viruses, data loss and identity theft, they trick people into giving them actual access to the computer.

Please check the links below for more information :

Beware the Driver Update Scam : https://askbobrankin.com/beware_the_driver_update_scam.html

The Only Safe Way to Update Your Hardware Drivers on Windows : https://www.howtogeek.com/233115/the-only-way-to-safely-update-your-hardware-drivers-on-windows/

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!